What's new

I stumbled into a really cool shave shop

I took my daughter cross country to go to college in Utah. While there, we went to the local mall in Orem, Utah and as my wife and daughter were dress shopping I wandered down the hall to see what was there. Off in the distance I saw a tie shop and thought I could use a new bow tie, but as I approached--right next to it was a place called Mini Moustachery. So I skipped the tie shop and walked into the shave shop. It was a really cool place!

I've never been someplace that I could just pick up soaps and smell them. There was a great selection of Stirling (I learned I like Baker St, but not Mountain Man), B&M (I liked the Bay Rum, Waves, and Cool--and I loved Terror), Dr. Jons, Razorock, all the Clubman (no--I won't be buying the Veg but glad I finally got to smell it. My wife really liked the Whisky Woods).

The store also had plenty of razors, brushes, beard care, and a barber. Anyway, I bought a comb made out of sandalwood--I never thought I'd like the scent of my comb. I wanted some of the aftershaves, but I only had a carry-on bag so liquids were out. I talked to the guy (I think he was the owner) behind the counter for a while and he indicated that he personally knows the artisans of the brands he sells. It was a pleasant surprise and I'll definitely go back next time I'm visiting.

I took my daughter cross country to go to college in Utah. While there, we went to the local mall in Orem, Utah and as my wife and daughter were dress shopping I wandered down the hall to see what was there. Off in the distance I saw a tie shop and thought I could use a new bow tie, but as I approached--right next to it was a place called Mini Moustachery. So I skipped the tie shop and walked into the shave shop. It was a really cool place!

I've never been someplace that I could just pick up soaps and smell them. There was a great selection of Stirling (I learned I like Baker St, but not Mountain Man), B&M (I liked the Bay Rum, Waves, and Cool--and I loved Terror), Dr. Jons, Razorock, all the Clubman (no--I won't be buying the Veg but glad I finally got to smell it. My wife really liked the Whisky Woods).

The store also had plenty of razors, brushes, beard care, and a barber. Anyway, I bought a comb made out of sandalwood--I never thought I'd like the scent of my comb. I wanted some of the aftershaves, but I only had a carry-on bag so liquids were out. I talked to the guy (I think he was the owner) behind the counter for a while and he indicated that he personally knows the artisans of the brands he sells. It was a pleasant surprise and I'll definitely go back next time I'm visiting.

That’s very cool. Next time have him ship a box of stuff to you at home so you don’t have to schlep the stuff on a plane.

Wow. I grew up in Provo and my father, sister, and son still live there. I've been to that mall a thousand times. They never had anything like that before.
Next time I'm visiting my relatives I'll have to go see if it is still in business.

Wow. I grew up in Provo and my father, sister, and son still live there. I've been to that mall a thousand times. They never had anything like that before.
Next time I'm visiting my relatives I'll have to go see if it is still in business.
Go to University Mall, not Provo Town Center.

When you can entertain the thought, "I could really use a new bow tie", it is a safe bet that life has been pretty good to you.

Disclosure: I have never entertained that thought.

But in 18 days I will spend a long weekend in New York City with my Mom and sister. And we had to suggest places we would like to visit. And after the 9/11 memorial, my choice is the Pasteur Pharmacy.

I live in the mountains east of SLC, and there’s one in Fashion Place Mall in Midvale/Murray.

I’m probably there once a month, staff is great and owner is a super nice guy.

He runs this on the side, his main deal is a costume warehouse for the theaters/playhouses etc.

Ask for a Mancard next time, it’s good for 10% off all your purchases.

I agree it’s awesome to be able to smell before you buy, and I’ve avoided a lot of purchases that way.

Spent a lot of $ there though lol...probably there once a week.

Also, they get a lot of seasonal stuff there that sells out elsewhere really fast and they ship.

I found B&M Hallows soap and EdP there and got a deal, both for maybe $30?

I was at the fashion place one just today. Aside from the DB that was in there bragging “ he charges a lot for a haircut so he needs a AS that makes his client think they are getting a deal” [emoji849] it was a nice visit. Left with a few soaps and AS. Couple weeks ago bought two Hallows just sitting there collecting dust. It helps their prices are very competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I discovered the Mini Moustachery a couple of years ago while visiting family in Orem and was in heaven. That’s where I bought my first bottle of the Veg, which I love watered down with Dickinsons. I visited again earlier this year and was a bit disappointed. Their inventory had dwindled down significantly from my previous visit. I did manage to pick up a few items including RazoRock P.160 and Pinaud Eau de Quinine (a new favorite of mine). I’ll be visiting again later this year. It’s a nice shop and fun to browse.

I bought my first soap there too. It was a great find. Their huge selection helped me realize that there are very few smells of shaving soap that I really like.

you now have every parents dream . a empty house for you and the wife … but even better than that a reason to give your daughter a few surprise visits you know the ones that will check she is realy learning and not skipping class to meet boys .

" hi hun wilst I was in the area needed some shave soap thought id pop in , oh can I leave this bag of laundry with you ill pick it up next time as ill be back to get some blades ? "

she might even offer to buy them and ship them to you so you dont just pop in .

Just moved back to SLC last weekend. I will definitely be visiting the one at fashion place! Thanks for the tip!

you now have every parents dream . a empty house for you and the wife … but even better than that a reason to give your daughter a few surprise visits you know the ones that will check she is realy learning and not skipping class to meet boys .

" hi hun wilst I was in the area needed some shave soap thought id pop in , oh can I leave this bag of laundry with you ill pick it up next time as ill be back to get some blades ? "

she might even offer to buy them and ship them to you so you dont just pop in .
:a14::clap:

Isn't it great when something unexpected brings such simple joy !
Too bad you didn't take any photos of the shop. Would love to see the place !

BYU student? If so, tell her welcome to the family from me and my kids. I'm a 1982 and 1984 grad, and my daughter is a 2016 grad.

BYU student? If so, tell her welcome to the family from me and my kids. I'm a 1982 and 1984 grad, and my daughter is a 2016 grad.
I graduated in 1984. My son graduated two years ago. My father was on the faculty there from 1969 until his retirement about 17 years ago.

...I've never been someplace that I could just pick up soaps and smell them. There was a great selection of Stirling (I learned I like Baker St, but not Mountain Man), B&M (I liked the Bay Rum, Waves, and Cool--and I loved Terror), Dr. Jons, Razorock, all the Clubman (no--I won't be buying the Veg but glad I finally got to smell it. My wife really liked the Whisky Woods). ...
And that's why most of my purchases are in hardware.
No amount of reviews and descriptions of fragrance notes will tell you if you'd like a scent.
:glare: I am jelly.

Top Bottom