What's new

I still enjoy fast shaves.

I’ve heard people say it can’t be a hobby or a passion if you don’t slow way down to enjoy the process.

I disagree with this. I enjoy fast shaves just as much. I enjoy ANY shaving.

Doesn't have to be slow to be a hobby, many people only have a few minutes at a time to devote to something they love that brings them joy. Doesn't make it any less a hobby.

Quality vs quantity any day.

How fast?
Haven’t timed it, but today I had to rush. Shower shave. Nivea sensitive cream. Synthetic brush. Hand/Face lather. Schick easy rider injector type L. One pass with touch ups. Cold water rinse.

Quick splash of Tcheon Fung Sing mastro miche.

Got a pretty darn good shave. Fwiw, I usually take twice as long and use a soap, but 25% of the time, I need to hurry.

If getting a shave done in the least time was the objective, I certainly wouldn’t be using straights and I might not be using safety razors either.

For me it’s the opposite, a traditional wet shave gives me a short reprieve to slow down and reflect on the day ahead before I go out there.

B.

If getting a shave done in the least time was the objective, I certainly wouldn’t be using straights and I might not be using safety razors either.

For me it’s the opposite, a traditional wet shave gives me a short reprieve to slow down and reflect on the day ahead before I go out there.

B.
+1

B.

I never said I tried to be fast for the sake of speed. I’m just saying, being hurried doesn’t zap away my enjoyment. It’s still the highlight of my day, even in a rush.

Haven’t timed it, but today I had to rush. Shower shave. Nivea sensitive cream. Synthetic brush. Hand/Face lather. Schick easy rider injector type L. One pass with touch ups. Cold water rinse.

Quick splash of Tcheon Fung Sing mastro miche.

Got a pretty darn good shave. Fwiw, I usually take twice as long and use a soap, but 25% of the time, I need to hurry.
I was going to say that if I was in a hurry I'd use a Schick injector and face-lather with a stick.
I rarely have to hurry. I'm retired. :001_302:

I’m kinda the opposite. I really enjoy slow shaves in the evening usually. I am currently unemployed so I have a lot of spare time to do it. My quickest shaves happen with Barbasol and a blade that’s still plenty sharp. Normally though I take my time. BBS is the norm for me.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Most of my shaves take less than five minutes. If I linger, they might take fifteen. I enjoy both, and just follow the mood on the day.

After using a DE for 30 plus years I enjoy it when it’s done. To be honest I dread shaving for the most part. I will say that after using a Barbasol cart, and a can of dollar store shave cream on a 4 day getaway with the wife to Florida, I remember why I never went that route.

Top Bottom