What's new

I spent a lifetime trying to avoid this addiction...

Any opinions about the Flair manual press? I could skip a few razor acquisitions and get one...
KEWL!
When you consider it in comparison to traditional systems, it's very much the same thing. The big thing to put upfront is control of water temperature when you hit the grind. Once you know the thermal drop across your beans, you should be able to make reproducible pulls with the satisfaction you are getting a quality shot. So, this will involve heating water with a hi-speed thermometer, pouring to the reservoir, and pressing the shot within a given time frame. Any system will depend on consistent quality grinding of the beans, fresh roasted being the best start for it all.

Given these considerations, one could have a delightful time using the equipment. The only hesitation I'd toss out, if you expect to entertain, something like this could be too slow to do the job if the party is three or more people. Not to say you couldn't do it and make the theater enjoyable for all!

When I look at the equipment for my own use, it may well be the best of all worlds going forward. Indeed a great price of admission. Thanks for letting me know about this new addition to the game!

Top Bottom