What's new

I sold my Rocket Giotto, Mazer Mini and brought a Nespresso....

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Have you explored these?
https://www.amazon.com/Resuable-Reu...19004&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=keurig+k400&psc=1
You can pick them up at a Bed Bath and Beyond also. I use mine with my home roasts in the morning for the quick cup or two before leaving for work.
You talkin' to me?

hqdefault.jpg

I've got 3 or 4 of those refillable things. But the problem is...I'm lazy. And apparently so is everyone else that drinks coffee. I don't like to scoop coffee in them, then run it, then dump it, then clean it, then finally get my coffee, then repeat this for...like 4 more cups. Autodrip 12cup for the win in my house.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I think there will always be a next machine that takes some pack, pod, cartridge, etc. They will always be made of pretty not so durable plastic covering guts that have no hope of surviving too long. I think all the pod stuff is now absent from the shelf at my local grocery store. They have moved more up scale for whole beans.

The 12 cup drip machine continues to be the winner. 12 cups . . . being 60 oz . . . 5 oz per cup. Is anyone using a 5 oz cup these days.

:117: Rocket to Nespresso!? The capsule cost is insane (Quick math adds to about $1,750 CAD per year based on my household consumption), the coffee is drinkable however no where near what you get with a commercial or semi commercial set up.

I would never give up my commercial Elektra and Eureka grinder for anything!!! It takes 1 Hour to start up (So I leave it on 24/7) runs on 220v and requires a ton of work to make a coffee, hence it relates directly to wet shaving with a straight razor! Slow and complex and expensive-ish just the way we like it here :001_302:.

If I understood correctly and you did start Coffeesnobs AU, thank god you're posting this in a shaving forum otherwise people's heads might explode.

All worth it for the lack of mess and the coffee isn’t THAT bad. So long as I follow what what have learnt over the years it helps. ie don’t over extract it. My one does the milk well as it actually has a steam wand and not a milk bank.

We don’t tend to buy the Branded Nespresso pods, here we have L’or pods which are also aluminium..... so that makes it cheaper. But yes it is the most expansive way to buy coffee.

The plastic pods need to much pressure to open and it damaged the mechanism so my first one started leaking.

I am not regretting the move at all.

As for the CS exploding ... I am sure they would if I was still involved with it. CS heads exploding Kingsman style .... now that would add to the New Years fireworks displays I am sure [emoji1604]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I base my coffee intake off what time of day the crash starts.

I have learnt to pace myself over the years ....

I remember getting my Giotto the coffees were so good but you can only drink so much coffee before you start feeling weird. [emoji15]

I have learnt to pace myself over the years ....

I remember getting my Giotto the coffees were so good but you can only drink so much coffee before you start feeling weird. [emoji15]

I agree there is a point where that one espresso to many really turns me off to coffee. It only lasts a day.

Are those aluminum pods reusable?

Top Bottom