What's new

I sold all my razors except the

I can’t get less than the best shave I’ve ever had every time that be boring for me.
I feel the same way. If I’m not getting the best shaves then why bother.

@Steinmetzify
Congrats on finding the best shave for you and may you have many happy shaves to come in the future with your Timeless... I knew as soon as I had my 1st shave with the Ti95SB that all others would me measured by it!! I noticed after a few months that it was the only razor I reached for because it literally gave me the best shave every time out and within 6-7 months all other razors had been cleaned, listed, and sold to someone that would at least give them some use. I have since sold the SB plate and replaced it with a DC plate, OC/SB, and know it will be the last razor I will ever have to buy!!
Do you like the OC side more? How different is the OC to the SB?

My first and last DE purchase(had a cheap butterfly gifted to me and used it for a a few years along with str8s) was the timeless ti 95sb. I researched the hell out of that purchase and have spent the last 6 months sampling a variety of soaps and blades along with my $35 Stirling badger fan so that now I get an efficient 15 minute bbs shave every day.
Reading the op only reinforces my belief that I chose the perfect razor for my needs.

You have found the ONE for you. Good stuff. You WILL save money now. I am happy for you.

Thanks, I'm happy for me too!

Congrats on finding the ONE!

Appreciate that man!

GOOD MAN!! When you find what makes you happy, why go with anything else??

(That strategy works best with wives, not that sure about razors!! :a29:)

Thanks @BigJ

Stein,

I’ve considered paring down quite a bit. I’m only using around 8 razors now.

Dude I can only imagine how big of a sale that'd be....

@Steinmetzify
Congrats on finding the best shave for you and may you have many happy shaves to come in the future with your Timeless... I knew as soon as I had my 1st shave with the Ti95SB that all others would me measured by it!! I noticed after a few months that it was the only razor I reached for because it literally gave me the best shave every time out and within 6-7 months all other razors had been cleaned, listed, and sold to someone that would at least give them some use. I have since sold the SB plate and replaced it with a DC plate, OC/SB, and know it will be the last razor I will ever have to buy!!

Hadn't actually thought about that, but hearing you say that brought it to mind. I'm pretty sure this thing is going to outlast me, that makes me even happier!

I agree that it is good to find what works. That said, I evolved from vintage DE to GEM/Schick and later straights/shavettes. I've enjoyed the history and getting into the weeds of vintage razors. For me it's more than shaving.

I hear you and dig on some history, just didn't have the space or time for razors I wasn't regularly using, you know?

That is great you found your ideal razor. I'm always looking.

What kind of brush??

Lately it's badgers......Turn N Shave, Spiffo, got a new one coming in tomorrow maybe and I grabbed a Grizzly Bay 26mm Fanchurian a couple days ago that should be here by the end of the week.

What blade do you prefer in it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Far and away, the Super Max Blue Diamonds. Those things are just great for me in that razor....sharp but not overly so, super smooth for around 8 shaves apiece. Bought a 100 card last week so should be set for a minute.

Thanks guys, nice feeling to have stuff I'm not using going to people that want to give it a shot.

Got a random PIF coming later today...

Do you like the OC side more? How different is the OC to the SB?
I use the OC side for the 1st pass which is a combo WTG ear-goatee on my face and XTG N-S / S-N both on my neck and then the 2nd pass is ATG goatee to ear on my face and ATG R-L on my neck with the SB side which always results in BBS every other day. I would say the OC is a little more efficient than the SB but for me the SB is best for ATG on my neck especially... I really don't like one side as opposed to the other at this time. They are pretty equal all around.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I love the way my Timeless shaves.
How long have you been wet shaving?
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190720083738331_COVER.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Problem for me is I love my 1914 Bulldog and a hand full of other razors
Most of the time I use 2 razors , it makes it fun for Me.
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190721083100981.jpg

Timeless .95SB.

There was zero point. I had a Karve, a Fatip Piccolo SE, some extra stuff for the Timeless including a .68 scalloped.

There was zero use on any of them.

The .95SB just kills it for me.

Made some $, bought a brush.

That is all.
I kinda did the same thing recently. Sold a bunch of my vintage stuff and bought the Game Changer. I won’t give up a quality shave for the sake of variety! Although I had some great shaves with the vintage stuff, it was becoming more clutter than anything. With all the great soaps, aftershaves and colognes out there it won’t get boring anytime soon. Hmmm, maybe I should try a timeless....:001_302:

That’s what I keep hearing...am I really gonna climb out of the cheap vintage razor rabbit hole just to dive headfirst into the expensive, ultra high-quality razor rabbit hole? :001_rolle

I just might...

If you’ve got a handle you like, you can grab a cap and a .95 for just over a hundred bucks from the Scratch and Dent...

If you’ve got a handle you like, you can grab a cap and a .95 for just over a hundred bucks from the Scratch and Dent...
If I decide to get one I’ll PM you to pick your brain about the different models:thumbup1:
Glad you found a razor you really dig! They are good looking razors too..

It's always great to read someone has found their perfect razor. Congrats sir, you have found a razor that provides wonderful shaves to many on this forum.

I'm currently in the brush rabbit hole, as it sounds like you are as well. It sure is fun, isn't it?

Top Bottom