What's new

I show you my handles and you select the knots

I've been wet shaving for about ten years, but I just didn't put much thought into brushes, until now. I ordered a few handles which arrived today and now I need to select knots for them. I don't care if they're synthetic or natural. Naturals can be anything, boar, horse or badger. Both handles are set for 26mm knots.

Handle #1 - PAA Switchback 400
PAASB400.jpg

Handle #2 - Farvour Turn Craft Vail
FarvourTCVail.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
oOoOO! I have a lousy eye for these things! But I had to tell you that I love them both, but the only brush I have a nearly sinful lust for is ones like the bottom one: acrylic (?) and wood conglomeration thingies.

You have good taste my friend!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
#1, synthetic Tuxedo knot or a G5 or G4 folks seem to rave about lately. I like synthetic knots of any modern brush mfg.
#2, 2band(Finest) badger or a silver tip, if you like some back bone with soft tips the 2band is the one I suggest. that is a nice looking handle you had made.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
#1, synthetic Tuxedo knot or a G5 or G4 folks seem to rave about lately. I like synthetic knots of any modern brush mfg.
#2, 2band(Finest) badger or a silver tip, if you like some back bone with soft tips the 2band is the one I suggest. that is a nice looking handle you had made.
I must second your motion my friend. Good advice!

Would go for a nice synthetic for the metal handle maybe even a red/brown silver tipped one.
But pretty sure a big fat badger will look great too.

Now the second one makes it difficult due to the acrylic part (would have liked it more in wood only). But color wise a badger should do.

Thanks for the suggestions on knots. I happen to have a Timber Wolf knot that was going to be used with another handle, but I didn't care for the way it looked. Since I'm using silicone to secure the knots I decided to try using it in the PAA Switchback.

PAA400TWK500.jpg

Now I need to decide on the badger knot for the other handle. Currently I'm looking at Maggard's Silver Tip and Elite Razor's Finest badger, Manchurian or HMW knots.

That #2 handle is gorgeous! Go with Maggard's SHD knots. They are really good for the price.
I actually have the SHD and their Silver Tip in my shopping cart, but I ended up going with Elite Razor's Finest bulb. Now I just have to wait a week or so for delivery.

Top Bottom