What's new

I shaved with a Derby and a Dollar Tree razor today

And it wasn't bad. But I could really feel the blade so I took my time. IMO a very aggressive razor. If I put this blade in my mild Merkur it would not work. Sorta fun doing that once in a while you think?

I like my little Dollar Tree razor. It's not my everyday shaver but I rotate it in when I like to 'hear' whiskers being mowed down, or I want a really mild shave. I haven't tried it with a Derby yet. but I got a tuck with a recent razor purchase so I may team them up.

I like my little Dollar Tree razor. It's not my everyday shaver but I rotate it in when I like to 'hear' whiskers being mowed down, or I want a really mild shave. I haven't tried it with a Derby yet. but I got a tuck with a recent razor purchase so I may team them up.
If that's mild I'd hate to feel aggressive.

Yup, it does. I got it for $5 and 10 Wilkinson Sword blades though, so for me it was a bargain.

$5 seems ok. The prices I've seen are mostly double digit for this. That's just nuts for a cheap plastic razor. Even the feather has some metal in it.

But I can get a much more interesting plastic gillette DE razor for something like $0.80 to $1 over here. The cheap chinese metal ones cost $1.50 to $2.50. :D :D

$5 seems ok. The prices I've seen are mostly double digit for this. That's just nuts for a cheap plastic razor. Even the feather has some metal in it.

But I can get a much more interesting plastic gillette DE razor for something like $0.80 to $1 over here. The cheap chinese metal ones cost $1.50 to $2.50. :D :D
Around here, if I was buying the blades alone, they go for $10, and I was ordering some other stuff, so threw that in before I started this years sabbatical for something to try down the road. It works surprisingly well for me.

Minutes ago I popped an Astra SS and shaved with that razor. Very close and smooth but I saw 2 red dots that went with cold water. I never would have seen red in my Merkur.

I've seen them at my Dollar Store, look's like a Superspeed clone. May have to try one for a buck.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
With the blades that come with the razor it was awful so don't get discouraged. Use a real blade.

Top Bottom