What's new

I see why Cella users like Cella

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I got a sample of Cella and I like it very much. The scent to me is very pleasing and it also gives a comfortable shave. I had a sample once that was kind of yellowish and the scent reminded me of play-doh. It lathered up good and did the same as this new sample, but the scent was just off. This sample is white like most creams I have. What's the difference between the Cella that comes in the white tub and the Cella that comes in the red tub?

Cella doesn't come in a white tub from the factory. It comes in a kilogram brick and in the red tub that you are familiar with. The brick version is a little bit harder, has a milder scent, and in my opinion lathers better. The red tub is softer and has has a stronger scent. Joe at Italian Barber puts the brick version in a white tub and sells it on his website.

One of the best soaps ever.

Yes sir, that's correct! Love my Cella.

But, the OP is describing what I was worrying about myself. I just ordered my first Kilo brick of Cella and I'm worried that I'll get some lump of yellow, blah-smelling chunk of soap instead of the Almond/Marzipan/Cherry smell that I've gotten from my fresh red tub.

Marco's Opinion

But, the OP is describing what I was worrying about myself. I just ordered my first Kilo brick of Cella and I'm worried that I'll get some lump of yellow, blah-smelling chunk of soap instead of the Almond/Marzipan/Cherry smell that I've gotten from my fresh red tub.

Yes, we've discussed this before. Does yellow=bad for Cella? My last brick was white and perfect. The stuff I got in the red tub was yellow, and while it lathered well, kind of had an odd, used cooking fat smell to it. No one seems to have an answer to this question, can Cella go rancid or bad?

Don

Hmm, this is all very interesting. I just received my first red cup of Cella in the mail the other day. I haven't shaved with it yet but every time I am in the bathroom I unscrew the lid and take a deep breath to smell that wonderful scent.

I have about 125 grams of the harder soap that I received in a trade. I love the soap. It has a good lather, great scent, great slickness, and top notch skincare. Easily one of my top 5.

Happy to say that my kilo brick of Cella arrived and it was white and had an amazing scent. Definitely seemed fresh and ready to give a wonderful shave.

Up until a year ago I was on the road a lot for work, and occasionally I left my duffle bag/dopp kit in the hot car. Eventually my Cella went from white to yellowed. The latest tub I've opened has been the only one that has stayed put in the bathroom, and halfway through it is still as white as when I got it. I'm guessing heat had something to do with what I saw, at least in my case. I don't know that it mattered. The yellow stuff never smelled rancid and always shaved well.

I just ordered a kilo brick and a brand new tub to do a side-by-side comparison. I can't wait until they get here.

I used the Cella brick this morning. Great soap! I ordered the "white tub" from Joe at Italian Barber. It makes no sense to order a whole brick unless you are going to use it every day or are a barber.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom