What's new

I saw Mason this morning!

OK well it might not have been him but there was a brand new rig that had three other new rigs hitched up to it. Internationals. Goin along the 836 in Miami. I didn't get a chance to snap a pic but when I saw them he was the first thought in my mind, and here it is his birthday as well!

I think everyone needs to keep an eye out for him. You never know when you could be passing him! Look for the truck with a brush hanging out the window air drying and the cat that is very happy:thumbup:

Wasn't me. I'm between Houston and San Antonio at the moment. I delivered in Houston this morning and will do so in San Antonio tomorrow morning.

I used to do piggybacks like you saw, delivering new trucks for Volvo. Wasn't a bad gig but too much time in the airports to suit me.

Mason, I'm in Austin. where are you going to be tomorrow and the day after?

I'm going to Dallas/Greenville area until Thursday.

Raf

Scorpio said:

Raf

If you are in Greenville, hop over to Sulphur Springs and have lunch at TaMolly's (sp?). It was one of my favorites. Of course, there is also David Beard's Catfish!

Randy

Scorpio said:

Raf
While I can't yet be certain, I'll likely be loading back toward WI.

peacefrog said:
But it must be pretty cool to drive new trucks all the time?
Sure, that part was fine. And as they are new trucks I couldn't sleep in it so stayed in hotels every night. It had it's perks but the down time in the airports became a real pain after a while.

rtaylor61 said:
If you are in Greenville, hop over to Sulphur Springs and have lunch at TaMolly's (sp?). It was one of my favorites. Of course, there is also David Beard's Catfish!

Randy

I have actually eaten there before. I cover Sulphur Springs as part of my region. There is also a little Italian restaurant in SS, I can't remember the name but man the food is great.

Rafael

Scorpio said:
I have actually eaten there before. I cover Sulphur Springs as part of my region. There is also a little Italian restaurant in SS, I can't remember the name but man the food is great.

Rafael

Rafael,

I was raised in Mt. Pleasant, just a bit further down I-30, and spent my last 15 years there in Pittsburg. Never tried the Italian place, but TaMolly's was a really decent place to eat. My folks like to visit Furr's Cafeteria there in SS.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Rafael,

I was raised in Mt. Pleasant, just a bit further down I-30, and spent my last 15 years there in Pittsburg. Never tried the Italian place, but TaMolly's was a really decent place to eat. My folks like to visit Furr's Cafeteria there in SS.

Randy

Randy,

I am very familiar with the area. I spent a bit of time traveling the back roads as part of my job. The first time I saw the the big Pilgrim Head I freaked. I thought it was funny. I know the Sheriff of Camp Co and know the folks at the PD. I also know the folks at the SO in Titus Co and Mt Pleasant PD. Great folks indeed and very friendly.

If you ever need anything from these parts let me know.

Raf

Top Bottom