What's new

I return to my first love

I deceived him with a lot of razor, I should not have, because I realize that it is the best for me.
Really, why could I deceive my first love, I was faithless.

I will never again leave my Super Gillette Blue Chinese Razor.

I've been shaving with it since June 2018, it's a long and happy love story, even if I deceived him this year.

We have all sinned, all committed faults.

PS : My post is to be interpreted in the second degree, I'm not crazy yet, I think :biggrin:

I got one last week! It's so good for what it is. The handle is cheap plastic, the top cap is basically pot metal and the bottom plate is a thin piece of stamped aluminum. The whole thing weighs next to nothing and doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Somehow it shaves better than anything I've ever used before? How?! I just don't get it.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I deceived him with a lot of razor, I should not have, because I realize that it is the best for me.
Really, why could I deceive my first love, I was faithless.

I will never again leave my Super Gillette Blue Chinese Razor.

I've been shaving with it since June 2018, it's a long and happy love story, even if I deceived him this year.

We have all sinned, all committed faults.

PS : My post is to be interpreted in the second degree, I'm not crazy yet, I think :biggrin:

Roughly translated, you cheated on your Gillette Blue, and have moved on to another lol.

Well I always say that you can never get a bad shave from a Gillette Safety Razor, even a Chinese cheap (I mean CHEAP) lightweight one.

No pictures !?!?!?
Screenshot_20220524-211840_Opera.jpg
20220428_193141.jpg

I got one last week! It's so good for what it is. The handle is cheap plastic, the top cap is basically pot metal and the bottom plate is a thin piece of stamped aluminum. The whole thing weighs next to nothing and doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Somehow it shaves better than anything I've ever used before? How?! I just don't get it.
Gillette has had decades to optimise the design. They've reduced the manufacturing cost to almost nothing but retained the head geometry from the best of the Techs. Fantastic razors at unbelievable prices. I bought three of them and an Indian 7 o'clock razor, which is nowhere near as nice. I have a few vintage Techs, and these are every bit as good.

I love light razors and the aluminium baseplate is really good. It weighs about 2g whereas the vintage brass ones weigh about 11g.

What blades are you all using with these? I've rarely gotten good results with the 100 pack of Lab Blues I purchased nearly a decade ago (!) so they've been sitting on the shelf until now. I must say they work really well in this razor so I'm pumped to finally start using them up.

Can I just say, I really love the way the Gillette name is engraved on this razor. 😍
It's pretty neat. I'm sure it's actually die-cast when the head is made and saves a tiny bit more material (engraving would be extra cost). In fact the cap is a couple of grams lighter than a vintage ZAMAK cap. Everything about these razors is designed to give the same shave as a classic Tech, but at the lowest possible cost. You can either buy a razor and a single blade, or just a tuck of 5 blades for exactly the same price.

Top Bottom