What's new

I REFUSE to suffer alone!

Hi all,

For all the "Old Dogs" out there, I heard this song on the local "Oldies" Station the other day.
I don't think I've heard this song since the 1970's. Now, this song is STUCK in my Head!
I REFUSE to be the ONLY one to have this song STUCK in my Head! I present to you :

HURRICANE SMITH!

If I'm going down, I'm taking some of you with me......Braaawaaahaaaa!

SixCats!

Hi all,

For all the "Old Dogs" out there, I heard this song on the local "Oldies" Station the other day.
I don't think I've heard this song since the 1970's. Now, this song is STUCK in my Head!
I REFUSE to be the ONLY one to have this song STUCK in my Head! I present to you :

HURRICANE SMITH!

SixCats!
I never heard the song or the singer, and I am a really old dog...

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Hi @Stuart Ganis, WHAT ? I can NOT believe you never heard this song by "Hurrican Smith".
It was pretty much played to death! LOL, ya got to love Tiny Tim. A very sweeet Soul.
@Earcutter, yes indeed, that's a line I always remember as well.
@Jim99, I'll have to read up more on Mr. Smith's History. I heard there was a "Pink Floyd" connection.

SixCat!

Hi @Jim99, Believe it or not, I hear that song (Lolli Pop) somewhat often.

I had NO idea the Dude singing this song was White! I for sure thought he was Black!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

HURRICANE SMITH!

SixCats!
Love this song and his other moderate hit, Who Was It. However, any song by The Waitresses sends my head into the "please kill me so I don't have to listen anymore" territory.

and although I like Dave Thomas doing Richard Harris doing MacArthur Park on Mel's Rockpile, here's the real deal, another odd hit song:

Here ya go! I remember sitting in my kiddie pool at Grandma's house in Kansas City, Mo. Under the Weeping Willow tree And listening to 3 Dog Night Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog over and over again!

“And I need you more than want you...”. It’s a line that’s always resonated with me.

There is terrific cover of this with The Stone Temple Pilots backing Glen Campbell, all the syrupy sweetness stipped away to leave the bare essence of the song.

'''''''''''''''''''''dave

Top Bottom