What's new

I really want to like an OLD style (but can't seem too)

Blade selection is important. I only use blades in my OT razors that are very sharp and very smooth. For me that means GSB's, Swedes, and GBE's. Even ASP's don't make the cut.

I find the Med Prep to be by far the smoothest of the sharper blades for me. It is definitely my go to blade and has been for a while now. I'll certainly try others in this OT though. I've never used a GBE and with the prices people are asking for them on ebay (10 pack for $16.00) I probably never will.

The Med Prep is a sharp blade and more forgiving than a Feather. I have found that the Personna Red is even more so. From what I have read, the problem of sensitive skin falls into a category of its own. I think that if you perservere with the Old Type you will eventually reach a satisfactory conclusion and reveal weaknesses in, and improve your technique at the same time. The question comes down to...is it worth the trouble?? The easy solution is to stick with what works in the present. My view is that anything that improves technique is worth the trouble, but that's just my opinion.

Cheers, George

three more shaves with the OT and no improvement. I get a decent shave and then, starting about 1/2 hour after the shave, I get more irritation than I'm comfortable. I've decided to continue but at some point I might just have to realize that and OT is just not for me.

$DSC_0317_zps27d2fc27.jpg

Maybe you need an OLD yeller one! :001_smile

OK, i've had enough of this nonsense. After skipping a day due to soreness, I shaved with an OC Aristocrat this morning and my face feels great. Old Types, I've tried, I really have but I think we're going to have to end things. It's not you, it's me.

I too have tried to like the Old Type on countless tries but I too have finally given up.
I really want to like an OC razor and I have a British NEW coming in.
They seem to be a lot more forgiving from what I've read, so I am really anxious to try it.

Top Bottom