What's new

I realized I've achieved contentment

Congrats on life being busy in a good way for you! Even if shaving took a backseat to life *sigh*. Great to be content with what you have.

I recently moved. I packed up my boxes of shave stuff and left out 2 razors (Wolfman WR1 and Charcoal Lvl 2 OC), 2-3 brushes, 1-2 soaps, and a few post shaves (witchhazel, Nivea balm, Stirling SdM balm, and Lucky Tiger). I had cold sweats the first couple days with limited options but have actually really enjoyed it. Recently I opened a box with a few shave goodies, which I used last night and were great. I haven't unpacked much more (I've also been informed that unpacking shaving items is low priority compared to other household items). I hope to use some products up in the upcoming months and only pick things up that I have wanted for months (not minutes or hours 🤣)
It’s funny how fast things can go from “I never knew this existed” to “I have to have this” here on B&B.

I think I'm at a point now where I don't want to buy any more razors. The top 8 I use on a regular basis all perform very similarly and provide excellent shaves. Adding another razor would only offer minor differences in my opinion....of which isn't probably worth the expense at this point. I'm happy with what I have.

Now soaps, blades, brushes, aftershaves......that's a different story :biggrin1:

I’m loving the responses!

To be clear, I’m not down to 1 razor, 1 soap, 1 blade, etc. I own about 50 razors—and there are 5 I use regularly. I also have about 5 soaps that I will replenish as I burn through the “good but not my favorite” pile. I only use a couple of blades, and 3 brushes get rotated.

Short answer is contentment for me isn’t the same as minimalist!

I’m loving the responses!

To be clear, I’m not down to 1 razor, 1 soap, 1 blade, etc. I own about 50 razors—and there are 5 I use regularly. I also have about 5 soaps that I will replenish as I burn through the “good but not my favorite” pile. I only use a couple of blades, and 3 brushes get rotated.

Short answer is contentment for me isn’t the same as minimalist!
Even better! :cool:

I'm on the edge of achieving this (I hope). It seems my favorites are more or less chosen, with just a few things out there which intrique me. :)

Reactions: bjm

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
burn through the “good but not my favorite” pile.
I have a habit of using most often those products which I like the least so as to use them up, and keep my favourites for a special occasion. As a result for much of the time I am wearing a scent which I do not care for while my favourites gather dust on the shelf. Eventually I will run out of time and my descendants will donate my favourites to the thrift shop without a second thought. Maybe I acquired some of my vintage favourites that way - kept for years by some gentleman waiting for a special occasion that never came. It is time for me to realise that every day is a special occasion and start using my favourites - the thrift shop can have the products I don't like 👍

I was just thinking this, too. I have no interest in more razors, blades, or brushes - I have more than enough that work great. I might try a new soap if I have a specific purpose in mind (like looking for a tallow soap with a little menthol to fight irritation), but that is all.

I keep wanting to buy more William's Mug Soap. I'm afraid I'll outlast 24 1/2 pucks. The rumor is they are being discontinued. (That's always the rumor).

Yep. Happened to me a few years ago. I've gotten to a point where I know what products work for me. Every now and then I'll bring something new into my den but for the most part I have no more than 2 shaving creams/soaps on hand and 2-3 blade brands around. I only load up when I run out. I'm content and have achieved peace. My shaving enjoyment improved since.

• Love
Reactions: Anu
I have a habit of using most often those products which I like the least so as to use them up, and keep my favourites for a special occasion. As a result for much of the time I am wearing a scent which I do not care for while my favourites gather dust on the shelf.

so true, i fall back into this habit waaay too often!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The rumor is they are being discontinued.

I have a puck I’m trying to air out before it gets used. If you run too low on Williams before that happens, let me know. It will probably smell even more like citronella by then.

Top Bottom