What's new

I realized I've achieved contentment

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That's the plan! :biggrin1: I'll leave the "Fear Of Missing Out" for other people. I've no interest in shopping out of fear ;)

I've never tried it, Dave. I have heeded the warnings, and stayed well clear 🤣 My narrow-ish array of choices includes:

• Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • 4 mug soaps brands (Edwin Jagger, The Goodfellas Smile, Haslinger, DR Harris)
  • 2 tub soap brands (Wickhams 1912 & Phoenix and Beau)
  • 3 shave sticks brands (Palmolive, Lea, DR Harris)
  • 2 creams (St James of London Black Pepper and Lime, and Erasmic)
That sound like a lot, maybe, but I only have three in play at once, and only add another when one is finished.
How do you like the Wickham's 1912? It's always intrigued me!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!

I think they're excellent. The only problem I've had was one one of the soaps, where the scent ingredient disagreed with my skin. Aside from that, I always get a great shave with them, and the scents aren't too "shouty" like some brands can be.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Arguably my #1 soap. It can hang with SV all day and I prefer the scents from Wickham. If scent is the sole criteria while playing in the elite class, CRS is my top pick. I reach for CRS more than anything else. Phoenix & Beau is also up there with just slightly lesser performance but truly top shelf scents.

The best part is, you can get them all in one order from Connaught. :tongue_sm

Ad Astra

The Instigator
That’s awesome — a good place to be. Better not start poking around the DE and soap forums, though, or your AD might flare up. :em2300:
😉 That's great advice, Dan, especially as we head into the fall months. There are so many great seasonal scents that evoke the season; apple pies, pumpkin scents, even fallen leaves.

Yup. Don't go to the soap forum.

AA

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, not to burst your bubble, @AZBronco but I was right there with ya. For about 5 years! I was on the 12 steps for five long years.

Then I ducked in here one day, "just for a quick one, just for old time's sake." Then I started conversing with @Marco, what harm could that do, it's Marco, for cryin out loud! A friendly message for @luvmysuper, "Oh, yeah, I remember him!" Liking a few posts here and there, having a few of mine liked in return. Hmmm, maybe this Sterling Sharp Dressed Man will scratch the itch I've have since the demise of QCS Green Irish Tweed. Hmmm, yanow, I love the Merkur 34C I've used daily for the last 5 years, but everyone is raving about the fat-handled tech, they're not that expensive. I know I've used only 7 O'Clock blacks for 5 years, but I better get a blade sampler for this new razor, they're cheap. Maybe I should get a vintage Schick Adjustable because that's what I learned to shave on. Wow! Maybe a 1930's Schick, they're cheap. Look, a seconds synthetic brush, may as well toss it in with my Sterling order!

Well, look at me now.

proxy.php

I think this is my purpose in life. Let me be a warning to you all.

warning.JPG

Last edited:
I've tried a lot of stuff, but I've pared things down quite a bit over the last few years. Just made a couple of purchases to reacquire some favorites (some were damaged, some were PIFed) and then I think I'm going to stick with them. I know what I like and what works for me, so it doesn't make much sense to stray from the path.

I haven't been on B&B much lately because life has been too busy for me (for good reasons!). Anyway, my shaving hobby took a back seat and I've been using up products rather than increasing my stash. This past week I realized I'm content with a few favorites!

I'm still happy with my collection--but it's nice to realize I lost all my ADs and am content no longer chasing the newest thing. It's liberating and I'm finally saving money using traditional shaving!

Congrats on life being busy in a good way for you! Even if shaving took a backseat to life *sigh*. Great to be content with what you have.

I recently moved. I packed up my boxes of shave stuff and left out 2 razors (Wolfman WR1 and Charcoal Lvl 2 OC), 2-3 brushes, 1-2 soaps, and a few post shaves (witchhazel, Nivea balm, Stirling SdM balm, and Lucky Tiger). I had cold sweats the first couple days with limited options but have actually really enjoyed it. Recently I opened a box with a few shave goodies, which I used last night and were great. I haven't unpacked much more (I've also been informed that unpacking shaving items is low priority compared to other household items). I hope to use some products up in the upcoming months and only pick things up that I have wanted for months (not minutes or hours 🤣)

Top Bottom