What's new

I Pulled the Trigger on a Timeless

The mailman is supposed to be here with it tomorrow.

Looks like an inaugural shave is due for Saturday morning.

My Timeless '68 is one of my top razors, and IMO one of the top razors available at any price - excellent weight, right aggressiveness, and a beautiful, practically eternal finish. Good choice!

I bought a stainless timeless 0.68 SB/OC and was quite impressed, so much so I bought the 0.95 SB also. Wow, this is a great razor, I can only echo other comments but the description I would use is smooth. I have problem areas on my neck that when I try for BBS I get irritation on, the .95 SB gives me the closest shave without any irritation that I have had. No idea why, it just does. For me the best DE razor I own (and I own a few).

Just completed my first shave.

Loaded up with a fresh Nacet.

Lathered up with Stirling Ozark Mountain.

Got a BBS with three passes and cleanup.

Almost no sting from the Clubman, which was nice.

The shave itself felt a little tuggy,especially on the first pass.

I suspect I didn't have the angle down the best, and the Nacet might not be the blade it likes.

Are these Razors picky about blades?

Is the optimal angle fairly narrow?

I

I suspect I didn't have the angle down the best, and the Nacet might not be the blade it likes.

I usually shave with a fairly shallow angle with my other razors but with my Timeless Titanium 0.68, I find myself using a steeper angle. The angle was pretty easy to find on my first shave with the razor. As for blades, I usually use GSBs and Nacets and have been very satisfied with both.

Try a steeper angle, the design provides great rigidity and no blade chatter.

I

I usually shave with a fairly shallow angle with my other razors but with my Timeless Titanium 0.68, I find myself using a steeper angle. The angle was pretty easy to find on my first shave with the razor. As for blades, I usually use GSBs and Nacets and have been very satisfied with both.

Try a steeper angle, the design provides great rigidity and no blade chatter.

Thanks.

Will do!

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Another blade! Bad Nacets certainly are a thing.

Congrats on that razor...

AA

Interestingly, even though it's substantially lighter than my Timeless Bronze, I find myself using a light touch with this razor as well, with great results; GSB, Personna and Astra...

Second shave down.

I switched the Nacet for a fresh Perma Sharp, and used a steeper angle.

The shave was both closer and more comfortable.

This could be a RAD killer.

Timeless certainly designed a razor like no other I have seen, and it sure gives a smooth comfortable shave, Wait that sounds like a Gillette commercial. Great razors from a really good company

A few thoughts now that I have a few shaves under my belt....

This razor is efficient, but not what I would call "shockingly efficient."

Where it stands out from the crowd is in the fact that, for a razor in its "Efficiency Category," for want of a better term, it is extremely comfortable and smooth.

I have razors in the same level of efficiency, but none of them shave as comfortably, and produce as little sting from the aftershave.

Probably the Game Changer .84 and the Karve D plate are closest.

The GC isn't quite as efficient but is similar in comfort.

The Karve is about its equal in efficiency but not quite as comfortable.

This is a great razor.

I don't find my .95 picky about blades. Nacets are the blade I use the most and I use them in all of my razors. I have a large stock of them because I like them a lot. I also have a decent stock of GSB's, and then a few Personna Reds, Feathers, 7o'clock blacks, and Crystals. I have used them all in the Timeless and even a couple of others. All worked well.

Congrats on your new Timeless razor....great products. I have the bronze and really like it. Nice heft and smooth shaver.

Congrats on your new Timeless razor....great products. I have the bronze and really like it. Nice heft and smooth shaver.

Thanks!

I'm liking it.

Incidentally, I must have gotten a bad Nacet on my first shave.

I used a fresh Nacet today and it was fine.

Top Bottom