What's new

I Ordered Another Razor...Again... Merkur Futur Adjustable Razor!

Since the only Merkur blade I own, is the single one that came boxed with the razor, I don't want to use it, cause its literally the only one! The only blades I actually own in numbers are, Feather, Bic, and Nacets. I've only been wet shaving for two months. Its actually amazing how much gear I've gotten in that amount of time.

But I thank you for your insight as a Merkur Futur owner, this is what I am looking for right now, I want more Futur owners to post their results, as well as their pictures. I don't want things to be one sided, or two sided, I want multiple sides posted. But I of course, can only speak on my own experience. And I know this forum has a lot of Futur owners, just not all of them are posting here.

Thanks for the recommendation though, but I don't want to tarnish my one and only stock Merkur blade. It has more value to me staying wrapped in the box the razor came in. But you never know, maybe down the road, I might pick me up a 50 pack of those.
I find that the Astra green razors are a good match for the Futur. It will give a smooth shave. Pick up a sample or two if you can and use it with this razor.

I follow you but haven't seen much in terms of razors lately. What I recall was you being a reckless responsible soap investor. I my friend am the one that has become the pinnacle of reckless modest razor buying, Lol!!;)
I've been away for a while on personal projects, so I have not had much time to invest in the forum as I normally do. I think I am quite contempt with what I have.

Maybe.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hey everyone, my July shaving supplies came in the mail today!

proxy.php

I already had a shave today, using my Stirling Black Cherry shave soap, some CC Italia aftershave, and I used my Merkur Futur for the first time in forever. Had to change out that dull Bic blade that was in it though, it was tugging my whiskers like you couldn't believe! BTW, that Scarn Shampoo Bar sample smells really good, do people really use shampoo bars for their hair? I rather just use it like any oh body soap bar to be honest with you.

proxy.php

So, initial impressions of the Executive Man pre-shave oil. Comes in a nice glass bottle, wide cap, has a restrictor inside like aftershave. Scent from the tip, smells a bit on the weak side, although I am sure its stronger once applied to the face. Will soon find out, on the next shave! You know what the beauty of Stirling is? They bring us a scent that would otherwise be out of my reach, and deliver it at affordable prices. Have you priced a bottle of Creed Aventus cologne recently? You better sit down first, ya, its that bad!

proxy.php

Gosh I love Stirling shave soaps! Why you ask? Because look at the soap variety selection! There are so many soap choices available, I'd be lucky to have sampled them all, by the time I've kicked the bucket! And, speaking of volume, look how much soap you get in a single soap jar from an small batch artisan! And you get all that, for around 14 dollars.

And this particular shave soap, smells absolutely delicious smelling right off the puk. I know it will smell even better once bloomed into a lather! For the record, I think CC Italia aftershave would pair well with this shave soap as well. The scents are almost identical, with only slight variations. Its like, bring me those home baked cupcakes with frosting, bring them to me, so I may devour them with great dispatch! :tongue_sm

proxy.php

Could these shave sticks be smaller? I mean, wow dude, they are so small they are like travel sized! OK, the scent from these are strong, so strong, I could smell them out of the box that I hadn't even opened yet! Once I opened the box, I saw that the shave stick is wrapped in tinfoil, so the scent is getting passed the tinfoil guys, talk about scent power strength!

So, smelling this stick reminds me of my since deceased mom's cooking. Why you ask? Because this shave stick smells like my moms spice cabinet. And believe it or not, 20-years later, and the spice cabinet is still there folks, most spices not used, probably well expired by now. I am a simple man, I use black pepper, red pepper, and cinnamon, its all I need.

But ya, on the scent strength power, I am going to have to rate this shave stick a solid 10 out of 10! But, I'll eventually test this shave stick, and see how I like it. Normally, when I see Youtubers using shave sticks, they appear far larger then this one, they usually look like 2" in diameter deodorant sticks. This thing is tiny! But its all I could seem to find online, I couldn't find larger shave sticks from Speick.

PS: I think my order from Fragrance Net comes tomorrow, that will be nice. Another scent that I love is Davidoff Cool Water, anything to do with that scent, I am totally onboard. That scent, something about it, meshes with my soal, speaks to me on a deep level, and I love it. lol

Hey everyone, my July shaving supplies came in the mail today!

proxy.php

I already had a shave today, using my Stirling Black Cherry shave soap, some CC Italia aftershave, and I used my Merkur Futur for the first time in forever. Had to change out that dull Bic blade that was in it though, it was tugging my whiskers like you couldn't believe! BTW, that Scarn Shampoo Bar sample smells really good, do people really use shampoo bars for their hair? I rather just use it like any oh body soap bar to be honest with you.

proxy.php

So, initial impressions of the Executive Man pre-shave oil. Comes in a nice glass bottle, wide cap, has a restrictor inside like aftershave. Scent from the tip, smells a bit on the weak side, although I am sure its stronger once applied to the face. Will soon find out, on the next shave! You know what the beauty of Stirling is? They bring us a scent that would otherwise be out of my reach, and deliver it at affordable prices. Have you priced a bottle of Creed Aventus cologne recently? You better sit down first, ya, its that bad!

proxy.php

Gosh I love Stirling shave soaps! Why you ask? Because look at the soap variety selection! There are so many soap choices available, I'd be lucky to have sampled them all, by the time I've kicked the bucket! And, speaking of volume, look how much soap you get in a single soap jar from an small batch artisan! And you get all that, for around 14 dollars.

And this particular shave soap, smells absolutely delicious smelling right off the puk. I know it will smell even better once bloomed into a lather! For the record, I think CC Italia aftershave would pair well with this shave soap as well. The scents are almost identical, with only slight variations. Its like, bring me those home baked cupcakes with frosting, bring them to me, so I may devour them with great dispatch! :tongue_sm

proxy.php

Could these shave sticks be smaller? I mean, wow dude, they are so small they are like travel sized! OK, the scent from these are strong, so strong, I could smell them out of the box that I hadn't even opened yet! Once I opened the box, I saw that the shave stick is wrapped in tinfoil, so the scent is getting passed the tinfoil guys, talk about scent power strength!

So, smelling this stick reminds me of my since deceased mom's cooking. Why you ask? Because this shave stick smells like my moms spice cabinet. And believe it or not, 20-years later, and the spice cabinet is still there folks, most spices not used, probably well expired by now. I am a simple man, I use black pepper, red pepper, and cinnamon, its all I need.

But ya, on the scent strength power, I am going to have to rate this shave stick a solid 10 out of 10! But, I'll eventually test this shave stick, and see how I like it. Normally, when I see Youtubers using shave sticks, they appear far larger then this one, they usually look like 2" in diameter deodorant sticks. This thing is tiny! But its all I could seem to find online, I couldn't find larger shave sticks from Speick.

PS: I think my order from Fragrance Net comes tomorrow, that will be nice. Another scent that I love is Davidoff Cool Water, anything to do with that scent, I am totally onboard. That scent, something about it, meshes with my soal, speaks to me on a deep level, and I love it. lol
Congrats on your new products SWCT…. I love the Sterling products as well and have used many of them. I however have not tried the Vanilla Sandalwood or the Black Cherry but they both sound wonderful!!!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Just to show how out of it I was, I posted my shaving supply update in the wrong thread! Well, its too late to fix it now. Such as life...

Congrats on your new products SWCT…. I love the Sterling products as well and have used many of them. I however have not tried the Vanilla Sandalwood or the Black Cherry but they both sound wonderful!!!

I have a lot of Stirling products now...

Shave Soaps:

Black Cherry
Glacial Lemon Chill
Executive Man
Vanilla Sandalwood

Aftershave:

Glacial Spearmint

Preshave:

Executive Man

Alum:

125G Alum Block

Soap Bars:

Glacial Lemon Chill + have other samples from them too

If you like the smell of the Speick you should try the Active golone it smells so fresh and lasts for hours but not in a bad way. It smells almost the same as the soap.

While the scent of the Speick certainly took me by surprise, I actually do like the scent. I like the scent of a spice cabinet, nothing wrong with that. Infact, I've had difficulty in the past trying to find a shave soap, that I would consider spicy. I was looking at Stirling soaps on the website, and the closest thing I could find was perhaps their Bay Rum.

But, not sure I should take a chance on their Bay Rum scent without smelling a sample first. Anyways, found what I was looking for in Speick. I see that Speick also sells standard shave soaps and creams in the jars and tubes as well, so I think that I should look into that perhaps?

You could always just make your own...

View attachment 1484382
View attachment 1484384

Sorry, I am not that creative, nor do I have the time and patience to create my own. But thats cool that you do, and that works out for you. Thanks for sharing!

Sorry, I am not that creative, nor do I have the time and patience to create my own. But thats cool that you do, and that works out for you. Thanks for sharing!
You bet !
For anyone remotely interested, it took me a grand total of 2mins tops using the empty stick tubes available from Maggard's and soap sourced directly from Stirling's 5.8oz tub, so there's a healthy divide for travel and remainder for home use :adoration:

Top Bottom