What's new

I ordered a Razorock Lupo 72 with the Barber pole handle!

My favorite non-adjustable razor thus far has been the Lupo DE aluminum. It's been my "almost" daily driver!
I decided to get the .72mm in stainless steel in since it's heavier and a bit more aggressive/efficient. I believe that it will
be an excellent daily razor. My aluminum Lupo will become one of my travel razors due to the fact that it's really light!
The Barber pole handle is 85mm long which seems like a really good middle of the road length
(I like medium length handles). It's width is 12mm compared to the 13mm of the huskier and shorter HD handle.
And as an added bonus, I believe that it looks beautiful, LOL!!
What do you all think about this particular model with the barber pole handle combination?

Screenshot 2022-05-09 010701.jpg

That's the exact combo I have:
A great razor.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
My favorite non-adjustable razor thus far has been the Lupo DE aluminum. It's been my "almost" daily driver!
I decided to get the .72mm in stainless steel in since it's heavier and a bit more aggressive/efficient. I believe that it will
be an excellent daily razor. My aluminum Lupo will become one of my travel razors due to the fact that it's really light!
The Barber pole handle is 85mm long which seems like a really good middle of the road length
(I like medium length handles). It's width is 12mm compared to the 13mm of the huskier and shorter HD handle.
And as an added bonus, I believe that it looks beautiful, LOL!!
What do you all think about this particular model with the barber pole handle combination?

View attachment 1452799

Congrats, I hope you like it! From what I can tell, it has at the very least, a textured grip in the handle, if not a super textured grip. And a light weight razor makes sense for travel I agree, keep the aluminum in your dop pack.

Yes, great razor! I have one with the UFO handle.
What I find odd though is that mine has a serial number on the back of the bottom plate - right under "Made in Canada" and Jahe's doesn't. What's up with that?

WOW, your handle is a UFO! I am sure your razor says, "take me to your whiskers" And of course you oblige, as it uses lazer beams to remove said hair follicles, to bring order to that facial chaos.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@LRod , that’s a very photogenic combo!

Once again, photography from @JAHE drives home the awesomeness (search out his mix-n-match of gold and chrome Fatip Lo Storto Originale razors for even more eye candy).

Of the two razors I completely don’t need; but are hidden in the home for future celebrations; one has that same, RazoRock Barber Pole handle (but, like a GC JAWS 0.84 head because I wanted one two years ago and kept talking myself out of it despite it having Wallace and Gromit teeth).

1652104263223.jpeg

I'm really digging the new knurling on the rr barberpole handles. It looks pretty sweet in person too.
I chose it not only because of the looks but also the size. It's a mid-size handle at 85mm. Seems like it will be the perfect length for me. I also read on another thread where someone mentioned that the Barber pole knurling seemed to be of higher quality than the others. He also said that it looks more expensive than what it is.
It arrives Friday so we'll see.
I'm excited!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have the Razorock Lupo.72 and it is one of my favorite razors of many different razors I own and you should enjoy it.
I was comparing my Lupo.72 to a Yaqi Telestar(Zamack head model) and the Lupo.72 is a much smoother razor IMO.
Enjoy!

I have the Razorock Lupo.72 and it is one of my favorite razors of many different razors I own and you should enjoy it.
I was comparing my Lupo.72 to a Yaqi Telestar(Zamack head model) and the Lupo.72 is a much smoother razor IMO.
Enjoy!
Thank you!
The Telstar head looks really nice too!
The only Yaqi I have is the agressive slant head which arrived last week. I ordered it because it was ultra cheap and at it's low price it would give me an intro to slant razors. I look at it everyday wondering when I'll muster the courage of putting it on my face, Lol!!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Thank you!
The Telstar head looks really nice too!
The only Yaqi I have is the agressive slant head which arrived last week. I ordered it because it was ultra cheap and at it's low price it would give me an intro to slant razors. I look at it everyday wondering when I'll muster the courage of putting it on my face, Lol!!
The RR Lupo.72 has less blade exposure(blade feel) than the Yaqi Telestar razor making it a slightly smoother shave IMO.

The best way to use the Yaqi slant head is when you are confident with your technique has matured and the way I used mine with very few issues is with riding the bar(Steep angle) light touch & sharp blade worked well. Use the shortest handle you have also because it reduces leverage and helps near the lowest part on your neck near the collar bone & chin area is when a person arcs the razor to end the pass or chin contours.
The final result of my shave was a very close BBS and irritation free shave mostly. Don't plunk your Yaqi slant razor at the start of the pass on your face like a lot of to with milder razors or when half asleep because there is blade exposure . It is a fairly smooth razor IMO.
You will not have any issues if you follow these simple ideas IMO!

I chose it not only because of the looks but also the size. It's a mid-size handle at 85mm. Seems like it will be the perfect length for me. I also read on another thread where someone mentioned that the Barber pole knurling seemed to be of higher quality than the others. He also said that it looks more expensive than what it is.
It arrives Friday so we'll see.
I'm excited!
I’m loving my Lupo 72 with the barber pole handle. It fits me better then the handle I originally received with it (not knocking it, it’s a very nice handle, it’s just not…me). I think it’s the Haloed UFO.
Maybe I’ll pair that handle with a Muhle R41 head I’ve been looking at.

Top Bottom