What's new

I ordered a Razorock Lupo 72 with the Barber pole handle!

I have both the Blackbird and Nodachi. The Bird has more blade feel and shaves closer for me. The Nodachi....mine is on the Masamune handle.... so it's super smooth and maneuverable. I like both razors, but reach for the Blackbird more often. Both can be used daily with no issues.
How's the head size on both?
I don't like a huge razor head?
If I go for the Tatara, it would probably be Nodachi top cap, Masamune bottom plate on a Masamune handle. Seems like a good combo!

How's the head size on both?
I don't like a huge razor head?
If I go for the Tatara, it would probably be Nodachi top cap, Masamune bottom plate on a Masamune handle. Seems like a good combo!
The Tatara has the smaller head size, but the Bird isn't super large. The angle of the razors in the picture distorts them a little, but it gives you an idea of size. You won't get much blade feel with the Masamune base plate. The shave will be smooth with decent efficiency. The Blackbird will definitely shave closer than that combo.

tempImagekoBE8I.jpg

The Tatara has the smaller head size, but the Bird isn't super large. The angle of the razors in the picture distorts them a little, but it gives you an idea of size. You won't get much blade feel with the Masamune base plate. The shave will be smooth with decent efficiency. The Blackbird will definitely shave closer than that combo.

View attachment 1459002
Nice!
So from what I gather, to get a Blackbird feel with a Tatara means Nodachi top and bottom.
I guess I have to think hard, Lol!!
I like both!
I can eventually get both but it's one at a time. So I have to see which will be first.

Nice!
So from what I gather, to get a Blackbird feel with a Tatara means Nodachi top and bottom.
I like both!
I can eventually get both but it's one at a time. So I have to see which will be first.
The full Nodachi won't provide as much blade feel as the Blackbird.....at least to me. Both provide excellent shaves but I find the Bird performs better and the shave lasts a little longer. The Nodachi is more comfortable and delivers very good shaves....it's one of my top razors as well.

The full Nodachi won't provide as much blade feel as the Blackbird.....at least to me. Both provide excellent shaves but I find the Bird performs better and the shave lasts a little longer. The Nodachi is more comfortable and delivers very good shaves....it's one of my top razors as well.
How confusing, LOL!!
Choices choices!!

Nice!
I like both!

You want the top, or the bottom? Hmmm, can I get a raincheck on that? 🤣

Top Bottom