What's new

I obtained my final holy grail razor

I would like that contest that statement. I've gone through my fair share of razors. I fact, I am all but financially ruined by letting myself get carried away.

A while ago I aqcuired a Yates 921 H plate and I've been using it almost exclusively.
It's also possible that I finally figured out how to get a decent shave under my belt. But it's the Yates that really stands out for me.

Ofcourse today my Heritage gibbs replica arrived, so I will be using that for a while. But I'm pretty confident and have no need to explore any other options. I can really and honestly say I'm done. I've already sold most of my collection. Some are still up for sale. Very few will be kept.

Grail razors exist!

Congrats BTW, Guido. I know you were looking for this. It looks great, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

All this grail talk makes me want to say it...

only the penitent man will pass
The Yates H is my favorite razor. Always a great shave.

Please stop!
Don't make me look at the Yates (again)🤣

So is Yates having a Black Friday sale?😁

If you were to revisit Yates, I think you would need to look at the H and EH plates. Skip the M. I just looked at the website and they’re mostly sold out with no mention of a Black Friday sale.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thanks David! The Den is ‘complete’ (I have no empty razors stands left). My time to PIF some will eventually come too. But this one is a keeper for sure!

Cheers,

Guido
I have a few extra razor stands, Guido. :popc:
Once you are on the mobius path there is no escape.
I thought I was done buying razors for a while too.:ouch1:
I don't know..... Rabbit holes have at least two entrances.... so if you go down one... you can eventually come out the other side somewhere.
Rabbit holes are filled with mobius paths.
Rabbit_Hole.png

~doug~

Only if you made them yourself on the lathe @Rosseforp - then I might consider…

But at the moment…still going strong!

So that's my problem! Inkwell stands are super fast and easy on a wood lathe. I either have to give them away or buy more razors. I would love to have a metal lathe... and the years of perfecting skills that SOME PEOPLE have. :mad5:

(I can really knock 'em out when I hurry and accept a rougher finish and an off-center hole. :facep:)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
So that's my problem! Inkwell stands are super fast and easy on a wood lathe. I either have to give them away or buy more razors. I would love to have a metal lathe... and the years of perfecting skills that SOME PEOPLE have. :mad5:

(I can really knock 'em out when I hurry and accept a rougher finish and an off-center hole. :facep:)
I can assure no wood lathes were used making these razor and brush stands. (no metal lathes either) :hand:
20221122_120915[1].jpg

~doug~

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I can assure no wood lathes were used making these razor and brush stands. (no metal lathes either) :hand:
View attachment 1560715
~doug~
A router and a saber saw or jigsaw? That's how I'd make them, but I don't have a band saw. I'd probably buy a router table though. I don't have one of those. I used to clamp my router to a Work Mate though I wouldn't recommend that. I did the same thing with my hand held power planer. When you are on the job site, you have to get creative every so often.

Top Bottom