What's new

I now understand what slick means...

I have been using Extro Cosmeti soap pretty much since I started DE shaving a few months ago. I was doing ok with the lathering and got a good amount of creamy lather going. But I never really got anything (or understood) what slick meant.

Then my soap ran out. And I moved on to Fine Latigo instead. Wow what a difference. I absolutely love it. And I appreciate what slick means now too. IMHO and YMMV the Fine soap is so much more protective and leads to a way smoother shave.

Well done Ash! Fine makes some nice products well loved by many around here. So great when one makes a huge leap forward, slickness makes such a difference, JM

Now, if you're using Latigo, that must be the new croap style formula. Up until recently, Fine soaps were hard pucks. And those hard pucks perform so well.

Glad you're happy with it! My first tub of the new soap base is on its way to me as we speak.

(Sent from mobile)

Now, if you're using Latigo, that must be the new croap style formula. Up until recently, Fine soaps were hard pucks. And those hard pucks perform so well.

Glad you're happy with it! My first tub of the new soap base is on its way to me as we speak.

(Sent from mobile)
It is the croap style yes, I hope you like it as much as I have been. Latigo smells pretty darn good too and doesn’t overpower or mix badly with any aftershave from my collection so far.

I strongly suggest you to try Mike's Natural Soaps.
They always produce very very slick lather, but post shave is a bit too much for me (especially in warm seasons.)
I have only used croap style soaps so far, is Mike’s hard soap or croap?
when you say post shave do you mean the moisturisation effect from the soap?

I have only used croap style soaps so far, is Mike’s hard soap or croap?
when you say post shave do you mean the moisturisation effect from the soap?

In my opinions, Mike's is closer to be hard soaps, and it takes a little more efforts to dial in.
post shave is after shaving feeling.
It never dries my skin.

Top Bottom