What's new

I need your opinions on this prototype

We had these made up for us to get feedback on. They are not glazed, of course, but would be Gunmetal when available. These are all made by hand just like our lather bowls and coffee mug and so are labor intensive to create. I designed them with a slot for ease of placing and removing the razor. The curve of the upper lip and depth of the slot ensures the razor is secure. Here are some specific aspects I would like to hear back from you on:

1. Be candid with us, you aren't going to hurt any feelings - these are prototypes so we can collect info and make them better.

2. How many slots? Four? Five? Six?

3. Look closely and you will see the bottom rim is different on these two - which do you prefer?

4. Presently the interior is hollow all the way through. Would it be better to have a floor in it or leave it open? Tell us why.

5. Our lather bowls sell for $30.00 and our coffee mug for $24.00. What would you expect these to sell for?

6. After seeing this picture - would you buy one?

Thanks guys for your help, it is much appreciated and is helpful as we do our best to bring new items to market. I look forward to hearing back from you.

~ The Captain

IMG_0905.jpeg

I prefer the bottom style on the left.

I think 5 slots for razors looks just about right.

I think having a bottom to it would make it more useful (could stand straight razors upright in it, or put DE blades in the middle etc.)

Not sure about the pricing: $25-30 maybe

I like the bottom on the left with six slots in it. However, the appearance on the bottom is not a big issue for me. I would prefer a floor on it. I am sure I would put something in it and most likely my wife would move it to clean it and anything in the center would fall out or drop. I would pay about $30 for it and would buy it depending on how the finished product looks. I currently use test tube holders to store my razors and this would look much better and would take up less room.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
My first impression is that I have no idea what this product is for. Assuming it is merely a stand for razors then I have no need for one and it would not fit on my window sill where I keep my razors. I would either want to keep all my razors in a single stand, or none of them. I would require three stands for my rotation which would be impractical. That said the five slot option looks better to me.

My initial preference for the rim style is the one on the right as it appears more suitable for the storage of small items. I would prefer a floor on the product as you could store small items in it, blades, maybe a straight or folding AC type razor. Also you could lift and move the product along with the objects contained within it.

I would think around $30 would be right but I would not purchase one at $5 as it meets a need that for me does not exist.

I prefer the one on the left. I think 4 slots would be perfect. You would just have the razors you use the most. Four seems just right to me.
I thing being hollow all the way through is just fine. You could not use it for much else with the razors around the edge.
I would say $30. seems reasonable.
I don't have room on my sink for it so I would not buy one at this time.

I don't see the point in these as well.
Are they for storage? Is the cup meant to be used for anything in particular or just "stuff"?
I prefer the bottom of the right one as it looks less likely to chip if bumped.
I would definitely NOT buy one.

I'm with @EclipseRedRing and @stone and strop. I have no need for anything like this product.

It is good looking pottery... that is too large, breakable, heavy, counter space eating, razor scratching etc. I am a minimalist and this has no place in my world. Others just can't get enough stuff, so maybe there is a market.

With that said, definitely an interior bottom, six slots and the foot on the right.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It seems like you have interesting proto type bowls. At first I had to get my head around if it was for storing razors or a lather mixing bowl. If you use it for just a mixing bowl it has merit and use one razor it will work Ok IMO. If you put 5 razors on it for rack storage you would have to remove them every time to mix lather. To buy racks for razor storage are not cheap either. For $25-30 would be very tempting for myself. Living in Canada the price would be 1.38 times higher also.

Agree with a few of the above comments, what purpose does this fill? I don't use a bowl normally so maybe it's just me. :)

Truth be told you guys got great products, might just be user error.

When I first saw it I thought it was for soaking a brush or lathering a puck. You wouldn't need to hang but one or two razors on it to dry, if that is the intended use. If it is just to store razors then I would not be as interested as it looks like it may take up too much counter space.

1. Interesting concept but I don't think I would use this prototype.

2. Five slot seems reasonable.

3. Prefer the right one.

4. No preference

5. Around 30 bucks.

6. No, I don't use a razor stand and I am not in need of one. Also, I don't understand the hole in the middle.. is it brush soaking space or lather bowl? Either of those would be a bit clumsy because it'd be hard to clean with the razors already set there.

Actually, I take it back. I do use a bowl like this for my toothbrushes and toothpaste so that might be a use for the middle space. I'm still neutral on the prototype but I can see the use for it.

1. I like the concept and overall design. It is unlike other racks/stands that I have seen - in a great way.

2. Five.

3. Bottom rim on the left preferred - knowing that either will look terrible if chipped (which is why there are no ceramics in my den).

4. Add a floor. If I used it, that centre would be storage, and I would grumble emphatically each time I moved it.

5. $30 USD seems right.

6. No. No room for it. Even my metal one brush/one razor stand may go.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
4 slots. I like the left one better. These would make a nice addition to the bathroom counter. Razors and toothbrush. I think $25-$30 is right. I would not pay more than $40

I like the design, but face lather, so I wouldn't buy one. I like the built in razor holders; great feature. I would personally prefer a glaze, which it sounds like they will be, as I like the look better. Also, I think four razor slots works well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Only thing I'd add is this: could you fit a shave stick and or brush in the middle?

I think I like the bottom part of the left one a little better; I ain't got any Rugrats here, so I could leave my blades in rotation sitting on that lip.

If I was as rich as @KeenDogg I'd buy one fer shure!

-Five razor slots
-The bottom of the left is more aesthetic
-Definitely should have a floor
-I currently would not purchase this item for I have no use for it.
-One suggestion. I would be more inclined to purchase this if it had a slot for a brush to dry.

1. Be candid with us, you aren't going to hurt any feelings - these are prototypes so we can collect info and make them better.
Cool.

As long as it is uniform.

3. Look closely and you will see the bottom rim is different on these two - which do you prefer?
The left one.

4. Presently the interior is hollow all the way through. Would it be better to have a floor in it or leave it open? Tell us why.
A floor would be nice so you can use it as brush soak.

5. Our lather bowls sell for $30.00 and our coffee mug for $24.00. What would you expect these to sell for?
Less than $40.

In Gunmetal or that Dark Blue you use.

Thanks for letting us put in our input.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Cool.

As long as it is uniform.

The left one.

A floor would be nice so you can use it as brush soak.

Less than $40.

In Gunmetal or that Dark Blue you use.

Thanks for letting us put in our input.
You and all yer fancy cut and paste! Lol, it did help me remember that I forgot to answer about what I'd be willing to pay: I'd say $35 to $40. But I'm exceedingly cheap. Normal folks that enjoy fighting with their wives over money wouldn't have a problem spending $50 on one. People like me would be looking through the scratch and dent bin, or waiting til Cyber Monday deals.

Since I'm an MSU fan, I'd like one in green!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My biggest concern would be the security of the razors. If the stand was moved, would they fall out? I think the left bottom is best to hold any dripping that may occur in a bathroom setting. 30 dollars is good.
5 spaces. I'm more of a display all my razors together guy, so I wouldnt need one. Very best of luck, Scott.

Top Bottom