What's new

I need your help - wife approved...purchase of a fine blade

I have a short list - most of these are on The superior shave...
Purchase is approve to - get what you want $$

in no particular order... all in 6/8... suggestions/advice welcome...

Dovo Flowing -@$250
Dovo Best Quality @$85
TI Sheffied Ram's Horn @$250
TI Le Grelot Red stamina @$200
TI Le Grelot Kingwood @$230
TI Le Grelot Snakewood @$250
Solingen Revisor @$200
Hart Steel 6/8 Black, Quarter Ground, Polished, Square Point, Jimped Straight Razor @$280
A vintage that someone on here wants to sell and has not yet PM'd me or posted (please PM me with something you want $$ for)

These are all new from TSS

Feedback is requested

Thanks

Last edited:
I've only been using a straight razor for a short time but I have been coveting those Hart Steel razors lately.

Wid - your not helping ... my short list just grew by 4 more ...

BTW - I have only shaved with a full hollow grind... The Hart steel are all quarter grind, I have seen the picture - but what is to be expected on first shave - or is it even noticeable?

I don't find the shave from a 1/4 grind much different than full hollow. Ya just don't have as much noise (feedback). No matter the grind it's how the edge is prepared.

Thanks Rick

I find I enjoy the sound

BTW - do you know a distributor of the Solingen in the US? I have hit google for it - but not coming up with any new - just all used and not being a vendor I recognize - all with no return policies, so sticking to vendors that are recommended by folks on here is a requirement for me

They are the sole vender (manufacturer) for the new Revisors. All you have to do is email them what razor you want and they will send you an invoice. Use that invoice number to pay through paypal. No worries buying from them, they're great to deal with.

I think I am doing this correctly ... $1 USD = .7267 EURO - so a 100 EURO blade is $137.00 USD?

Someone check my math please

Many of us can vouch for revisor being a reputable and quality manufacturer and vendor.

My vote goes for a Revisor or LeGrelot. Not that the others aren't good, just my personal preferences.

Whatever you buy, you've made a very fine short list and I'm sure you'll be happy with any of those razors. Although I must say the Dovo Best Quality is a bit of a black sheep, while a nice shaver it does not touch the others you've chosen in aesthetics.

Larry at whippeddog is local and he has a razor exchange program to help you get your honing skills evaluated.
I will not be honing the stuff I pay this kind of money for until he says my skills are up to the job.
I will pay larry to do my honing until he thinks I know what I am doing.

Top Bottom