What's new

I need to spend some more money

It's been at least 3 days since my last purchase so have it under control, right?

I would appreciate a brush recommendation. I currently have only the C&E best badger and it's OK, but...

I have to say that I would not like a brush any larger than the C&E. A big brush makes a big mess IMO.

Also, I like for the bristles to be very tightly packed together. I actually have wound a rubber band around the C&E brush near where it meets the handle to make it compact. Are there brushes that have less bristle "exposure" so there are not a pliable but still soft?

Lastly, I would like a little longer handle, don't like trying to fit my fist into a mug or even bowl.

If I can do this for around $100 I would be happy and my wife might not leave me.

Thanks!

I would recommend. . .Scotto?. . .anyone?. . .:biggrin:

. . .a Simpsons PJ2 or 3 in Super--contact Lee at LeesRazors for a price--mention you're a B&B member and get the discount.

Can a PJ2 in Super be had for $100? I doubt it. In any case, I'll give my usual recommendation of Savile Row Silvertip 3322 (or 3122). $98 from Charles at QED. I have one, love it, it outperforms my Simpsons (Chubby and Tulip). You have to try one of these brushes to realize just how good they are.

I don't know about the longer handle though; you might have to go to Shavemac to get that in your price range. The Simpsons PL8 has a long handle, and small bristle height, but it would be more than $100.

John

greendyk said:
Can a PJ2 in Super be had for $100? I doubt it. In any case, I'll give my usual recommendation of Savile Row Silvertip 3322 (or 3122). $98 from Charles at QED. I have one, love it, it outperforms my Simpsons (Chubby and Tulip). You have to try one of these brushes to realize just how good they are.

I don't know about the longer handle though; you might have to go to Shavemac to get that in your price range. The Simpsons PL8 has a long handle, and small bristle height, but it would be more than $100.

John

Thanks John. Do you have a link for QED? Can't find with Google.

mrob said:
I would recommend. . .Scotto?. . .anyone?. . .:biggrin:

. . .a Simpsons PJ2 or 3 in Super--contact Lee at LeesRazors for a price--mention you're a B&B member and get the discount.

It looks like one of those will bust my budget.

Brian,

Charles website stinks by his own admission, but he is the best. Anyway, go to www.qedusa.com and scroll down to "other ... products", go there, and at the top of the page there's a link to photos of the SR 3000 series brushes. Call or email Charles on how to order - I think it's www.qedusa.com/form - you enter your selection in the comments section.

I would ask Charles which one has the longer handle, the 3322 or 3122.

Regards
John

greendyk said:
Joe,

Charles website stinks by his own admission, but he is the best. Anyway, go to www.qedusa.com and scroll down to "other ... products", go there, and at the top of the page there's a link to photos of the SR 3000 series brushes. Call or email Charles on how to order - I think it's www.qedusa.com/form - you enter your selection in the comments section.

I would ask Charles which one has the longer handle, the 3322 or 3122.

Regards
John

Wow, the 3128 looks awesome. Any approximation of price?

I think these prices are current, they're from one of Ron's threads on B&B.

(I found it by doing a search on "3122")

All 22mm = $98.00

All 24mm = $115.00

All 26mm = $135.00

All 28mm = $150.00

All 30mm = $170.00

John

According to this post by guenron on May 4, 2006, http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1528&highlight=3120 , Charles is also offering an 18mm and a 20mm version in both the 31 and 33 series of Savile Row brushes for those who might want a smaller Silvertip brush. Matter of fact, I've been thinking of buying one. Some days I'd like to have a step down from my ShaveMac 23mm in Silvertip, which is by no means considered a really large brush. A little variety never hurt anyone! :biggrin:

Top Bottom