What's new

I need some advice

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Riding the indoor recumbent bike is a great form of exercise. Can you do it more? While watching television?

Eat so many vegetables they force out much of what you were eating before because you don't have room for them and because your nutritional receptors are saturated with the nutritional goodies in the veggies.

Avoid junk (like Mike says).

It's not a race. Move in the right direction. Listen to your body. Avoid doing stuff which hurts.

Happy shaves,

Jim

First of all, don't give up! You are already doing great. Try to do something every day and improve a bit more every two weeks. Any lifestyle change, no matter how small will help over time.

Cycling a bit (15 minutes) before any other kinds of exercise is great because it will warm up an strengthen your legs and feet.

Good shoes are essential if you have trouble walking - Dr Martens, or good running shoes with support for pronation. Then look to upgrade the inner soles to something more supportive as well.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Make sure to stretch. It's one of the easiest and most beneficial exercises that you can do. It will burn more calories (opposed to standing or sitting), help your joints and muscles, can be very relaxing, and will help you avoid future injuries. If I'm doing a slow and deep stretch, I can usually complete my routine in about twenty to thirty minutes. About ten to fifteen minutes is usually all I really need to stay loose though.

Keep at it!

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Using a golf ball to massage the arches and soles of your feet may help with the aches you are getting after walking. If you have hard flooring lay a towel down first or else you'll be chasing the ball all over the room.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Using a golf ball to massage the arches and soles of your feet may help with the aches you are getting after walking. If you have hard flooring lay a towel down first or else you'll be chasing the ball all over the room.

When I was Rolfed I was taught to use an even smaller ball. The kind I use is hard rubber or something like that and is about the size of a quarter (about, not exactly). I've found them for sale in vending machines at places like Walmart, usually for a quarter.

Start with soft pressure, rubbing the ball against your sole from toes to heel, more or less between the bones. Increase pressure over time, but don't overdo it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom