What's new

I need help understanding

I'm going to ask you all a series of questions :001_smile

1. What is a shave stick? How does it compare to shave soap?

2. How do you use shave soap? Out of all the pics and guides that I've read I've only seen instructions for using shave cream. Do you still need a mug/bowl to work the lather with shave soap? I don't understand.

3. This may seem silly lol but what is the best way to put water on your face?

4. What kind of blade is most efficient?

5. What part of the shaving process puts out the most scent?

1. What is a shave stick? How does it compare to shave soap?
I rub a shave stick on my face which leaves deposits of soap on my whiskers, I then lather up on my face rather than in a bowl.

2. How do you use shave soap? Out of all the pics and guides that I've read I've only seen instructions for using shave cream. Do you still need a mug/bowl to work the lather with shave soap? I don't understand.
I whip the tips of the brush on the soap until it just starts foaming, I then transfer to a bowl and build a good dense lather.

3. This may seem silly lol but what is the best way to put water on your face?
I splash it on with my hands.

4. What kind of blade is most efficient?
I'm most happy with the English Wilkinson Sword blade, Feathers are really popular here but I can't get them.

5. What part of the shaving process puts out the most scent?
The cologne splash at the end!

DeWayne,

First, welcome to B&B!

Second, I sense from your questions that you're a bit apprehensive about your initial foray into wet shaving. Rest assured that this is normal--all of us have been where you are right now.

So. . .here's some advice:

ask lots of questions--no such thing as a silly one

jump right in and give it a go with what you've got

ask lots of questions

enjoy the experience and don't expect great results right away--your face needs to catch up to your excitement

ask lots of questions

Let us know how you're doing!

Hi DeWayne,
TO make it short and sweet, wash your face, rub the stick soap onto your face (usually against the grain), and use a semi wet brush to build a lather on your face. Scotto has a much longer procedure that includes a shower, etc.. Also some others' ideas are in this thread.

Top Bottom