What's new

I need an easy upto 3 hour smoker recipe

Today will be my 3rd smoke with my Vision. Can anyone recommend a fairly easy recipe with 2-4 hours of smokeing?

Family favorite in our BGE is pork loin. Get a full loin from Sams or Costco. Rub it down with Boyd's Butt Rub, or whatever rub you prefer. Two hours at 250ish with some Pecan or Apple. That's it, doesn't get any easier and there will be no left overs.

Family favorite in our BGE is pork loin. Get a full loin from Sams or Costco. Rub it down with Boyd's Butt Rub, or whatever rub you prefer. Two hours at 250ish with some Pecan or Apple. That's it, doesn't get any easier and there will be no left overs.

Excellent choice. I did something similar for my first smoke. I was looking for something a little different this time.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I second the suggestions for chicken or pork loin. When I cook chicken hot (350+F), it usually finishes in 90 minutes, while pork loin finishes in about 3 hours at around 275F. I quarter up the chickens, and I usually cut a whole pork loin into three pieces. You don't have time, today, but the chicken loves a nice brining.

I will give my first attempt at spatchcocking a chicken. I asked the wife to pick up some grocery store rub. I really need to pick up a few types of quality rub.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
An easy chicken rub is garlic salt, lemon pepper, a bit of oregano, and a bit of rosemary. A little bit of sweet or smoked paprika works well, if you like that sort of thing (and I do). Cumin also is nice.

You can get a bit more elaborate and play around.

How about a dozen Johnsonville bratwursts and a chunk of Apple wood at about 250 degrees for about 3 hrs. I think they turn out great and everyone in my family loves them. I am smoking some now in my weber bullet on the top grate and baby back ribs on the bottom grate.

Stuffed zucchini - a good seasoned sausage, a few cracker crumbs, onion, garlic, mushrooms mixed in, scoop out the seeds making a boat, fill with the sausage. Smoke til the zuke is tender, cover with shredded cheese, back in until the cheese flows.

Roma tomatoes - cut in half lengthwise, dip in olive oil, lay out cut side up on a grid, salt n pepper, grate a lot of Parmesan or other hard cheese on top. In the BGE until the cheese melts.

Can't wait until the zukes and 'maters are ready, a couple of the few things I can get to grow well here.

Stuffed zucchini - a good seasoned sausage, a few cracker crumbs, onion, garlic, mushrooms mixed in, scoop out the seeds making a boat, fill with the sausage. Smoke til the zuke is tender, cover with shredded cheese, back in until the cheese flows.

Roma tomatoes - cut in half lengthwise, dip in olive oil, lay out cut side up on a grid, salt n pepper, grate a lot of Parmesan or other hard cheese on top. In the BGE until the cheese melts.

Can't wait until the zukes and 'maters are ready, a couple of the few things I can get to grow well here.

Can't wait to try

Top Bottom