What's new

I need a strop on a budget!

I have a few blades that should be here soon. I hope to send them somewhere to get honed which will cost a bit. I dont have a strop yet and dont know what to get. I do know that funds are tight since I spent so much on blades. Where can I get a cheap but servicable strop? The best budget strop I can get! Thanks,Matt

I just ordered a 'Big Daddy' strop from Star Shaving. Will post impressions. $31.00 including shipping for huge 3" wide strop.

Talk to Ken at Ruprazor. His entry level strop was better than the top of his line Tony Miller strop I bought, and then quickly sold.

cityjim

I just ordered a 'Big Daddy' strop from Star Shaving. Will post impressions. $31.00 including shipping for huge 3" wide strop.

I've been using one of these for a few months, and have not had any problems. I don't have anything high-end to compare it to, though. It was a little too stiff IMO when I first got it, but it has softened up with use.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Talk to Ken at Ruprazor. His entry level strop was better than the top of his line Tony Miller strop I bought, and then quickly sold.

cityjim

Jim,
I missed you. You must have got the one bad one out of the 4000 I have made :tongue_sm If you had an issue you should have told me.

I'll give a thumbs up to Kenrup myself as I admire his work, not becasue I have an axe to grind. Ken makes a great product at a bargain price.

Tony

Last edited:
Top Bottom