What's new

I need a reamer

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I got to thinking WHY do I need to pull out my oyster knives and put a little edge on them. I have a Rodgers pipe knife. Works great.

Touched up the edge of it where it's sharp, but not razor sharp, and used it to trim the inside of a Charatan yesterday. And it's a folder...try carrying around an oyster knife in your pocket. :biggrin1:

Pipe Tools & Supplies Joseph Rodgers Gentleman's Smokers Knife with Multi-coloured Inlay | Buy Pipe Tools & Supplies Pipe Accessories at Smokingpipes

https://www.amazon.com/Rodgers-Shef...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9V4SJD73BPV8XXBHQZ45

View attachment 924194
I like that. How's the length of the pick compare with the one on a Czech tool?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I like that. How's the length of the pick compare with the one on a Czech tool?

The pipe knife one is just a touch longer than the Czech tool, but sturdier and of much better quality. Sheffield steel.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

DSC_0002 (2).JPG

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I’m gonna forget I ever saw those things and be happy with my oyster shucker.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'll definitely have to pick one up. I'm not a huge fan of the Czech tool, but I love the poker. If the pipe knife has it beat, that looks like the way to go.

They are relatively cheap and prolific; I like it better than a Czech tool. It goes in my travel pipe bag to take with me when I'm not at home and have it laying on the end table next to me. Now I have to get a bone handled one...Nammit.

I’m gonna forget I ever saw those things and be happy with my oyster shucker.

:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

As an acquisition consultant, it is my duty to the clients to provide links. :)

On edit: I’ve talked myself into one, too.
I've got more reaming implements than I know what to do with, and I need another tamper like I need another hole in my head.

But that would be perfect for the ol' carry case...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've got more reaming implements than I know what to do with, and I need another tamper like I need another hole in my head.

But that would be perfect for the ol' carry case...
That’s the spirit. One day I will get the fancy French made one, too

Top Bottom