What's new

I need a pipe tobacco recommendation.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
So when I did smoke a pipe, I really preferred Nording’s Labrador. Since it is no longer being produced, I need a replacement. Do any of you have some similar note recommendations.

While I've never tried either of these, I did look up the Nording’s Labrador and read the description. I then just googled hazelnut pipe tobacco and found Lane Limited Hazelnut, which has an almost identical description to the Nordings. Honestly I'd be surprised if the Nording wasn't just a Lane re-brand.

Anyway, this is my recommendation. I would also take a look at G.L. Pease The Virginia Cream

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
While I've never tried either of these, I did look up the Nording’s Labrador and read the description. I then just googled hazelnut pipe tobacco and found Lane Limited Hazelnut, which has an almost identical description to the Nordings. Honestly I'd be surprised if the Nording wasn't just a Lane re-brand.

Anyway, this is my recommendation. I would also take a look at G.L. Pease The Virginia Cream

McClelland blended Nording tobacco. Which is why Nording is no longer available.

I really liked Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, which is no longer available. Somebody on here said that G.L. Pease Chelsea Morning is similar but better.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Labrador was one of my favorites too. I wouldn't say Molto Dolce is the same, but it is good, and might scratch your itch.

I would also take a look at G.L. Pease The Virginia Cream
I really like Virginia Cream, and it's worth trying on its own merit, but I wouldn't buy it as a substitute for Labrador. Two completely different types of tobacco. No similarity at all.

I really like Virginia Cream, and it's worth trying on its own merit, but I wouldn't buy it as a substitute for Labrador. Two completely different types of tobacco. No similarity at all.

I agree. I was only recommending the Lane Hazelnut as a replacement. I just threw the Virginia Cream out there as something he may like in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom