What's new

I need a new grinder

What's cool is the digital scale in the photo with it.
"KitchenAid KCG0799SX Digital Scale Jar Burr Grinder Accessory"

Sadly, the premise is I'm going to keep extra beans in the hopper and grind to my dose weight.
When factually I weigh to dose weight and grind that and no more, leaving nothing in the hopper but air (with that nasty oxygen stuff which kills the nuances of coffee flavor).

But geez, what a neat idea!

...well, I just went to that big shopping center in the cloud; sixty dollars for a scale I could get 'effectively' as good for under 20 easily... Yay Kitchenaid ! -not-

Last edited:
What's cool is the digital scale in the photo with it.
"KitchenAid KCG0799SX Digital Scale Jar Burr Grinder Accessory"

Sadly, the premise is I'm going to keep extra beans in the hopper and grind to my dose weight.
When factually I weigh to dose weight and grind that and no more, leaving nothing in the hopper but air (with that nasty oxygen stuff which kills the nuances of coffee flavor).

But geez, what a neat idea!

Un-ground beans are fine up to 14 days from roasting. Pour em all in. Your grinder will work better (more consistently) with a full hopper.

If you don't know when your beans were roasted, you are already lost as no matter how you store old coffee it will not get any better than old coffee

...well, I just went to that big shopping center in the cloud; sixty dollars for a scale I could get 'effectively' as good for under 20 easily... Yay Kitchenaid ! -not-

I got my digital scale a few weeks ago on bay-what for $7.99 BIN shipped.

They still list them

Find it. Search kitchen scale 7.99

The scale on my Forte BG went wonky

proxy.php

I recently bought a 1zpresso JX manual grinder. It's brilliant! Really consistent, fast, and well priced compared other high end hand grinders.

I've used it for espresso, Aeropress and French press and had great results.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
For drip or press our lowly Capresso burr has been a champ. For espresso a Baratza Sette 270 punches above its weight. By dropping the grounds straight into the portafilter without using a hopper or chute, there is pretty much no clumping.

Top Bottom