What's new

I Need a Good Unscented, Soothing Splash.

As the aftershave harem has grown I find myself returning every so often to a splash or balm that I haven't used in a long time for one reason or another. Yesterday I pulled out the T&H Grafton Balm and remembered what I really liked about it - the scent and moisturizing properties...and what I hate about about it - the complete lack of ability to fight any razor burn.

Considering the cost, I really don't want to just let it sit there so I need to find a relatively cheap, unscented splash to put on first and then follow up with the T&H. The splash should be good at fighting razor burn and soothing the face (I got nothing against a good burn as long as it calms the skin down afterward). The only thing I have come up with thus far is a Thayer's, but I don't know if that really fits my current need or not.

Any suggestions?

I'll second the Thayers unscented...non alcohol with aloe vera. Very soothing and dries totally odorless.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The Thayers unscented or lemon or just plain old witch hazel work well for me. I have some Booster Iced Lime . . . that has a scent that fades very quickly and is soothing. Aqua Velva . . . the scent lasts a bit but gosh it feels wonderful and I do like the scent.

Thayers Medicated Super Hazel will calm your razor burn. It has a very strong peppermint blast that fades quickly. Very very cooling. Also the Thayer's After Shave is good.

Weleda After Shave Lotion

It's not unscented, in fact it has a fairly funky frankincense/myrrh thing going, but the scent burns off in under 60 seconds.

Plus, I've never seen anything that kills razor burn like this stuff. Not Aqua Velva OR Prosraso...

50/50 mix of Ethanol and tap water. If you're looking for something unscented, that's as cheap and bland as you can get. :biggrin:

Top Bottom