What's new

I need a few recipes.

I am looking for a good spinach lasagne recipe. Also any ideas for easy meals that I can prepare this week and throw in the oven or crock pot next week so my kids still eat decent while I am down with my surgery. Lets just say the easier the better. I am not much for cooking inside I am great with a grill but do not really enjoy the stove top or oven.

My wife had casserole trauma when she was a kid, so this recipe is reserved for when she's out of town.

I get the "instant" Lasagna noodles, the ones you don't have to boil first.
I basically follow the recipe on the box, but if I can get it, I use ground buffalo. I sweat the greens--you could use swisschard or any braising green instead of or in addition to spinach--in some olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.

Just layer some nice sauce on the bottom of the dish, lay some noodles in, cover with ricotta, meat, greens. Repeat until done.

Bake until bubbly and delicious.

I just found a great glaze for chicken. It comes from Cook's Illustrated and is made thusly:

1/2 c. maple syrup (I used fig because maple is hard to find here)
1/2 c. marmalade (recipe calls for orange, I used lemon)
1/4 c. cider vinegar
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp corn starch dissolved in 1 tbsp water

Cook the syrup, marmalade, butter, and vinegar until it starts to thicken and caramelize a little, then add the cornstarch mixture and cook for a minute to thicken.

I just grilled 5 quartered chickens for a party, and the glaze went over really well. It reminds me of Chinese, with the contrasting sweet and sour tastes, but that impression may be because I haven't had Chinese food for almost a year :)

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Top Bottom