What's new

I Need A Copy Of Star Wars Ep. IV A New Hope(theathrical version)

Gents, I recently caught a glimpse of the original on the telly at the gym. Kind of rekindled my jnterest in watching an actual Star Wars movie. The play between Sir Alec Guinness, Luke, and Han wasmalways a favourite of mine. Anyroad, I really am not interested in the enhanced( versions(a bit of an oxymoron in my opinion when it comes to comparison) and I need to see Han shoot first.LOL.

Most copies hou can buy are not the original and I wanted to see if it is out there on disc or some other decent format. Ideas?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Your only legal options are to track down a copy of the 1995 VHS release (the whole trilogy prior to the special editions even coming out) or the 2006 Special Edition DVD that includes both the original and enhanced versions of Star Wars.

There are more than legal ways to skin a cat, but I will leave you to find those (easily enough). Depending on what you think about copyright law, those may not be the films you are looking for. ;)

Tex, no worries. I am looking for the legal route. I was worried theremwould be limited availability. I shudder to think what the 2006 Special Edition would sell for.

If you go to thrift stores often you may find a tape there for fairly cheap.
Also, YouTube has a payment option to watch movies. New Hope is on sale now for only $19.99 Canadian.
If you wanted just that one scene, here you have it:

Be aware that, for some reason, how the SFx are added are more visible on the 1990s VHS than they were on the big screen. No idea why.

Bigleegr, I was not aware of the YouTube option. I may look into that.

I hadn't watched the movie in years and the few scenes I caught the other day makes me want to see the whole thing. I did watch the clip and it makes me realise how much better the originals were than any of the sequels.

Hardrock, I did too. I was at the gym and it was on one of the cable networks. I believe TNT or TBS. I am not really sure. I caught a few scenes here and there and it made me want to watch it again.

What I am sure of is that between Sir Alec Guinness, Peter Cushing, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill, the level of adult entertainment was much better than the later efforts. Particularly these Soy Wars movies they are churning out now.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hardrock, I did too. I was at the gym and it was on one of the cable networks. I believe TNT or TBS. I am not really sure. I caught a few scenes here and there and it made me want to watch it again.

What I am sure of is that between Sir Alec Guinness, Peter Cushing, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill, the level of adult entertainment was much better than the later efforts. Particularly these Soy Wars movies they are churning out now.
Lol, soy wars. My feelings exactly.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
It surprises me that despite the, what i perceive as, overwhelming negative response to the "remake" that the original is not widely available.

Probably some conspiracy..

Top Bottom