What's new

I need a container for Haslinger pucks

I am with you on this! I read great things about the Haslinger soaps, which come in those ~ 2 oz. pucks, but don't know what to place/keep them in. Maggard Razors sells these nice 4 oz. containers, but still not sure about the notion of chasing a puck around a circular "rink" as I attempt to load my brush. What do we do?
Empty-Black-Tub-4oz-2.jpg

I want to grab some Haslinger pucks, and need a well-fitted container. Does anyone know of a source? Thanks!
The pucks are small. They would fit into the bottom of a latte mug. If you like to use a mug, why not?

lmugs.jpg

A well-fitted container does not give enough room to properly load the brush. What I did was combine two pucks in one container. This can be done by slicing the pucks into slim slices and layering the slices in the bottom of the container; or grating the pucks and pressing the shavings into the bottom of the container.

If you don't want to combine pucks, a puck can be "stuck" to the bottom of a container simply by soaking it in warm water for a few minutes and pressing it into the center bottom portion of the container. You will not have to chase it around.

A third option is to simply hold the puck in one hand while loading it with the brush in your other hand. Then, put the puck away in a container of your choice.

These tins are available from The Container Store. IKEA has a similar style. I store soaps in these. The current soap stays out on the counter in a "loading bowl".
cont-1.jpgcont-2.jpg

I found that after a few shaves, the pucks were pliable enough to mould into a decent size container. 2 are ideal as the pucks are small..........but long lasting.

If you don’t mind face-lathering, I’d just store it in an open soap dish and use it like a shave stick by rubbing the puck on your face.

It’s so small it’s hard to find a container that holds it nicely. I was using the 4” tins The Container Store sells. Problem is they tend to rust and leave a wide gap around the soap.

I wish Haslinger would sell those things in a twist-up container, those pucks are so hokey in that small puck format.

You can use every container you like. The pucks a very small in diameter, so they should fit nearly everywhere. I prefer a container with a flat bottom. I just wet the puck on one side, and press it (wet side down) into the container. After a few hours the puck is practically glued to the container bottom until it's used up. No problems whatsoever.

This little double walled steel cup is super inexpensive and fits Haslinger pucks perfectly. It doesn't have a cover. China must've made a billion of them because I've seen it at so many resellers across Amazon and eBay that it's ridiculous. Just check the diameter to make sure that it seems like it would fit (just in case they made a larger or smaller version of which I am unaware ) . But both my colonel Conk pucks and Haslinger pucks just dropped right in nicely . Once a lot of the puck would get used up, there might not be as much maneuvering room as a larger bowl , but I feel like you've been presented with a lot of larger bowl options anyway.

this is the cheapest one I could find on Amazon. And despite the low cost, I've been very happy with the quality of mine. It wasn't from this exact seller , but the fit and finish is quite nice. and this picture may lead you onto a seller that you like better and I don't know whether you would rather buy from eBay or Amazon.

Kmtar 1PC 100ML 7.2cm Shinning Double Layer Steel Men's Shave Brush Soap Cream Water Tea Wine Mug Bowl Cup Insulation Anti-Hot Amazon.com: Kmtar 1PC 100ML 7.2cm Shinning Double Layer Steel Men's Shave Brush Soap Cream Water Tea Wine Mug Bowl Cup Insulation Anti-Hot: Sports & Outdoors - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RHS8QCS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_b5ctEbTABB28T

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Smash two pucks into whatever container your normally use.

You can easily cut it up into larger chunks, and press and form with a little force using your thumb and a few drops of water

Another vote for an old Proraso tub. Haslinger pucks fit pretty well in the bottom, with a little room around the edges. If you wet the bottom of the puck and then drop it in the tub, it sticks in there without rotating around. The wider top of the tub gives you enough room to swirl the brush on top of the puck.

I want to grab some Haslinger pucks, and need a well-fitted container. Does anyone know of a source? Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Connaught sells nice wooden bowls in sizes that will fit Haslinger pucks.

I put mine in the bottom of an almost empty TOBs tub. the small amount of remaining TOBs cream holds the new puck in place and it all melds together in short order. Just recently popped a replacement puck on top of the mostly gone first puck..it seems to work great

Top Bottom