What's new

I must be in Oklahoma

I got up this morning and checked the current weather conditions and found rain, high wind, ice, snow and yes a couple of tornadoes thrown in for good measure. Yep, I must be in Oklahoma.
AE663437-79CF-4803-BA52-7B4DB060F0B0.png

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That looks like you are getting nailed! By now it should be at my Aunt and Uncles just west of Inola. Just cool and rain here.

You must be in Oklahoma if...you don't wonder IF there's going to be a tornado this year...it's how many and when.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
We just had a day and a half of rain here in SW Ohio, the remnants of the hurricane. Autumn weather here is brilliant- from mid September till early November the skies are blue, there's no humidity, it's just great. November features a few really rainy weeks, and then the winter "permacloud" descends from lakes Michigan and Erie. Grey skies for 3 solid months. It seldom gets really frigid; all winter the average high is within 8 or 10 degrees of freezing. But the sun never shines unless the Great Lakes freeze, which doesn't happen very often. As long as those lakes are warmer than the air above them, that grey cloud just rises and rolls on south. It could be worse- I wouldn't trade my Great Lakes cloud for any of Cleveland or Buffalo or Syracuse's Great Lakes snow. At least our cloud is well behaved.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We just had a day and a half of rain here in SW Ohio, the remnants of the hurricane. Autumn weather here is brilliant- from mid September till early November the skies are blue, there's no humidity, it's just great. November features a few really rainy weeks, and then the winter "permacloud" descends from lakes Michigan and Erie. Grey skies for 3 solid months. It seldom gets really frigid; all winter the average high is within 8 or 10 degrees of freezing. But the sun never shines unless the Great Lakes freeze, which doesn't happen very often. As long as those lakes are warmer than the air above them, that grey cloud just rises and rolls on south. It could be worse- I wouldn't trade my Great Lakes cloud for any of Cleveland or Buffalo or Syracuse's Great Lakes snow. At least our cloud is well behaved.
You haven’t lived until you walk 5 or 6 blocks to a hotel because an Alberta Clipper blew in, and there is no way you’re making it home from work that night. :)

Top Bottom