What's new

I might be in trouble. MMOC fault.

@Esox

Great insight. This MMOC is becoming my main razor.

I am carried away by this new SE experience. I might trade some my item gears and choose a MMCP to complete the SE razor settings. Sort of Grande + Gentile. It is a bit of shame that shipping is more expensive than the razor itself.
Good to hear the MMOC is becoming appreciated.:)

@Esox

So,, you use a Bullet tip also? I am not familiar with these models apart of what I read here in the forum.

MMOC + MMCP + BULLET tip seem like the perfect setup for Se users.

These are the things that I like in MMOC so far :

1. It is heavy and solid as I like the most.
2. No separate parts
3. Blade angles are covered.

The only cons for me is that I get 5-7 shaves out of it. But I can live with that.

Good to hear the MMOC is becoming appreciated.:)
Yes indeed. As with all the things in this world, it comes through trying and learning . A great razor. It fell on the floor and I think the floor was damaged. :) (just joking, it was a no harm fall)

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
@Esox

So,, you use a Bullet tip also? I am not familiar with these models apart of what I read here in the forum.

MMOC + MMCP + BULLET tip seem like the perfect setup for Se users.

These are the things that I like in MMOC so far :

1. It is heavy and solid as I like the most.
2. No separate parts
3. Blade angles are covered.

The only cons for me is that I get 5-7 shaves out of it. But I can live with that.

I do yeah but I havent used it for a while. That might change though.

Bullet Tip left, MMOC right.
IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

With blades.
IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

Both are TTO and substantial razors. The Bullet Tip might be a bit heavier but I havent weighed either of them. Both are more likely to damage a tile floor than themselves if dropped lol.

I shave probably 98% with straights but started with DEs and settled early with a Fatip. it's the only DE i have left and I haven't touched it in years. once I got a Gem 1912, I parked the DEs. once I got a MMOC, I parked the 1912.

it's a hell of razor. stick with it and you'll be plenty happy I think.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really enjoy all my Gem razors and will not be trading any of them off for a while.
i'm glad a came across some articles on them and ventured out and bought a few and have slowly built up my collection. Here is IMO where I rate them and I like the mild ones just as much as the 3 Micromatics.
Final Gem review Jan21-2019 (2).jpg

Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg Blade review Revision #5 Dec14-2018.jpg
Have some great GEM shaves!

I think I am hooked on gem razors .

Ironically I haven't been using MMOC that much but my other 2 Se razors. MMOC proved to me that a gem blade is fantastic.

There is a good chance that I might be a SE user . All my two main de razors are already in the closet.

Future plans are a Clog-Pruf or a Bullet tip.

I am finishing my rambling on MMOC in this thread. I had a great shave with it using a GEM blade in its 12th shave. I think I am going to my personal DE territory.

There is a certain angle where MMOC is superb on skin..I need to learn using that angle but it needs practice. Missing that angle and something goes into skin burning.

Final conclusion. If I need a very close shave, than I will use MMOC.

My interest in micromatic family is very high . I wish they had produced an adjustable version.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I am finishing my rambling on MMOC in this thread. I had a great shave with it using a GEM blade in its 12th shave. I think I am going to my personal DE territory.

There is a certain angle where MMOC is superb on skin..I need to learn using that angle but it needs practice. Missing that angle and something goes into skin burning.

Final conclusion. If I need a very close shave, than I will use MMOC.

My interest in micromatic family is very high . I wish they had produced an adjustable version.

I'll guess you'll be back to the MMOC soon. :)

I'll guess you'll be back to the MMOC soon. :)
I think I didn't express myself correct. When I said I am going to De territory,, I meant that SE system is over the De even with blades.

De was superior to me only on blade variety and longlivety. Getting over 10 shaves with a Gem puts it in the De territory.

My De razors are in the closet , currently.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I think I didn't express myself correct. When I said I am going to De territory,, I meant that SE system is over the De even with blades.

De was superior to me only on blade variety and longlivety. Getting over 10 shaves with a Gem puts it in the De territory.

My De razors are in the closet , currently.

Oh I see what you mean, my mistake.

I still use DE's but when I go back to the MMOC I still ask myself why I use anything else. I'm a slow learner. :001_302:

Top Bottom