What's new

I made a convert!

I recently purchased a Lady Gillette Starburst with the idea of giving it to my daughter. After cleaning it up I showed it to her and asked if she wanted to give it a try. She accepted the razor and a tuck of Astra blades but I suspected that they would end up collecting dust. Not so! Last night she used the razor and was really excited about it. I am stoked!
20200130_122238.jpg

You just don't know until you try.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
She was excited about it after only 1 try!! Maybe she loved the beauty of the thing. It is a beautiful razor.

Awesome! You have saved her from spending a lot of hard earned money on disposable cartridges, assuming she doesn't develop RAD.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Actually, she liked the closeness of the shave. She purposely wanted for several days growth to try it. Now I have to work on the man in her life. It's nice to now have one person who doesn't think I am nuts for liking this stuff.

Well done! And probably something she will cherish all her life.

I tried my better half on:

ATT R1 --- didn't like it - not aggressive enough, gave it back
ATT SE1 --- liked it a bit more but not much - still not aggressive enough, gave it back
Artists Club SS --- loves it.

I agree the razor is beautiful and I got one for my wife because she wanted to see what all the buzz was about. However, it didn't work out so well because she is allergic to nickel and ended up getting a reaction on the first try. She hoped that the short amount of contact with the skin (compared to wearing jewelry) wouldn't be an issue but alas, it was. ☹

BTW, there is a movement with the younger crowd to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills and DE razors are gaining a following.

Congratulations OP!

Congrats, well done!

I gave my wife an identical Starburst. After some breaking in it is all she uses now :thumbup1:
Yeah, I gave my wife a pink Starburst and she hasn't used anything but it for the last couple of years. I also made her a shaving brush as well that she loves.

I have two daughters and no sons. My father and brothers live away from me. So it’s difficult to share my hobby to anyone near. My wife and kids love the scents I use and see the aftermath when things go wrong but I hadn’t thought of recruiting my daughters. My wife has zero dexterity and no one trusts her with even a butter knife so that’s a dead end. My eldest daughter perhaps???? She’s almost 15.

I am not sure what she is using for lather, I'll tackle that as time goes on. It is definitely brushless.

I recently purchased a Lady Gillette Starburst with the idea of giving it to my daughter. After cleaning it up I showed it to her and asked if she wanted to give it a try. She accepted the razor and a tuck of Astra blades but I suspected that they would end up collecting dust. Not so! Last night she used the razor and was really excited about it. I am stoked!
View attachment 1063037

You just don't know until you try.

Great!! :)

I bought a couple of Parker 29L (Lavender and Pink) for my teenage daughter and my wife.
The Parker 29L is actually a very nice Lady Gillette copy.

I also have a Lady Gillette but the ladies of the house prefer their Parkers so the Lady Gillette is my go to head shaver.

There is also a big difference in how the ladies of the house lather up for a leg shave.

My wife prefer a simple Bulldog Shave Gel and no brush.
The teenager loves to bloom the soap (Proraso red is her go to soap) and put the brush in warm water while she shower. Then she whips up a nice and thick lather in a bowl and take her time.

My youngest daughter has taken one of my razors (unloaded of course) and shaved her face right next to me as I did. I whipped up some soap gave her a brush and had some fun. It was super sweet. Melted my heart.

Top Bottom