What's new

I love my wifes descrition of Pinaud Clubman

The other night I finished up my shave with some Clubman. A couple minutes later the wife walk in the house and asked what that smell was. I told her it was the new aftershave I got. She said it smelt like ..and I quote.....'A bouquet of flowers sitting in the middle of a burning tire''. Harsh...I guess Clubman's time is limited in my household!:blush:

The other night I finished up my shave with some Clubman. A couple minutes later the wife walk in the house and asked what that smell was. I told her it was the new aftershave I got. She said it smelt like ..and I quote.....'A bouquet of flowers sitting in the middle of a burning tire''. Harsh...I guess Clubman's time is limited in my household!:blush:

What did she really mean? :lol:

I'm guessing that you really enjoyed the Clubman, huh? If she has no idea how much the stuff costs, tell her that it was madly expensive and she will let you keep using it. :001_rolle

The LOTH hereabouts swears it smells like Jade East, and she backs off..."too strong." If she encounters it later in the day, she has been known to say "you smell good." As I have said here before, she seems to have a bipolar nose...

I like it, and use it on days we don't have to spend enclosed in the car...:001_rolle

I've caught SWMBO snuggling in close a few times to get a whiff of the clubman.

I don't get the burning tire reference at all. Is this based on actual tire burning experience?

I don't get the burning tire reference either. I have noticed though that folks who don't like a scent tend to compare to whatever unpleasant scent they can think of just to make the point that it's bad. Be that burning tires, bug spray, gasoline, etc. Personally I've always like the smell of gasoline, even as a kid. Probably have brain damage from that, hah.

I don't get the burning tire reference either. I have noticed though that folks who don't like a scent tend to compare to whatever unpleasant scent they can think of just to make the point that it's bad. Be that burning tires, bug spray, gasoline, etc. Personally I've always like the smell of gasoline, even as a kid. Probably have brain damage from that, hah.
When a mere wisp of a lad, I always liked the smell of fresh tar on the road.:bored:

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
OP - you can't give up on Clubman. Just tell your wife that she has to adapt and overcome.
This! Besides, Clubman (most Pinaud splashes, actually) is one those scents that's really strong at first and then settles down. Try her again an hour or so after you splash it on.

BTW, my wife says it smells like baby powder. I'm not sure how to take that, but I guess it could be worse.

Top Bottom