What's new

I Love My Stubble

Fine....I admit it. In the midst of all the BBS barons I love my stubble. I do my best to shave it off 5 or 6 days out of seven. But, the day or two I don't shave I love the feeling of the stubble against the back of my hand as I faceterbate. Am I alone?

I don't mind a day or two growth of stubble. What I can't stand is when I get a near BBS, but have a spot of stubble on my neck. That drives me crazy. :cursing:

I used to shave everyday when I first started using a DE. I love to shave still, but I find liking my face with a day or two of stubble as well, as do the females, and especially my soon-to-be ex wife. I also have such a great shave after a few days of growth. A new blade in the DE and it comes right off.

I'm backing off on my daily shave schedule a bit. My wife complains when I shave on the weekend because she's a stubble fan. I'll skip the shave on at least one of the weekend days to make her happy and give my face and neck a rest.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Occasionally I let things go for a day or two and that's about all I can take. I really enjoy the first BBS shave after a day or two away from shaving.

Stubble can look good on some guys ... but not on me. I look dirty and ratty with stubble. So it's BBS for me. I can understand the 'faceturbation with stubble' impulse, though.

OK, here's MY take on this!

If I could shave completely irritation/bump free every day, I would---I like using my DE and straight and they definitely are WORLDS BETTER than my old shaving habits.

But since my skin seems to need a day or more between shaves, I'm LEARNING to like the "stubble look" and reading all the positive press I can about it to convince myself that I'm not really a lazy, unshaven slob, but rather a trendy, hip dude with "designer stubble"!!

It's fun to mow down a few days growth with my Dovo Tortoise with absolutely NO IRRITATION----actually LESS than with a DE (which gives very little).

My girlfriend loves the stubble look, but hates the feel of it. Feel wins out. I'll go 36 hours from Thursday Night to Saturday Morning, and then again from Sat Morning to Sunday Night, but thats as long as I will go.

I usually shave every three to four days, i could shave every day if i wanted to. But since i started with the straight, i tend to like the shaves more when there is something to take off. And like some of the other straight shavers around here has stated before, the shaves last longer. :cool:

I don't think it's good for the skin bbs every day, the face needs time to recover after taking microscopic layers of skin off, also after doing a bbs shave, on the next shave the whiskers grow in quicker as the skin is still swollen if you shave when there's just a bit of stubble and I think you miss a certain quantity if you don't leave at least 36 hours between shaves, ymmv.

Back in 1984 there was a week or two when I thought it was cool. If I miss a day now it is because I am too sick to shave.

I love being BBS everyday, but it's hell on my face and neck. So I'll do a single-pass WTG shave on the weekend, just to keep the foliage growth to a minimum.

I look grungy if I don't shave and I don't like feel of stubble. Ergo, I shave.

Hey, I'm good at shaving and I like to shave and I look better when I am shaven. My skin is none the worse for it, so I shave everyday.

I take Sunday off, when I used a Mach3 I shaved every other day as that was all I could take. I have to say that I HATE the feeling of stubble, especially when I am reading in bed and my chin rubs the hell out of my chest/neck/etc, gets all red and irritated.

No for me its stubbleless whenever possible (with day off to rest the old mug)

Fine....I admit it. In the midst of all the BBS barons I love my stubble. I do my best to shave it off 5 or 6 days out of seven. But, the day or two I don't shave I love the feeling of the stubble against the back of my hand as I faceterbate. Am I alone?

My take:

Facial hair is a natural thing, why not show it sometimes? Doing so is good on many levels.

Top Bottom