What's new

I lost my best friend today

Greg, So sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful dog. I miss my departed furry friends and my heart goes out to you at this sad time.

Oh man....I already knew just from the title. So sad. Sorry to hear about this. I am glad you had a full, long 10 years with him.

And by the way.....and absolute gorgeous dog.

What a gorgeous pup. I am sorry for your loss. Remember, they're never gone. They wait and play with the other's that have moved on to the next step of their journey. But they wait for us, make no mistake about it. You'll see Kota again one day, I am sure of it.

From a poem called "The Rainbow bridge"

"They all run and play together, but the day comes when one them suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His eyes are bright with intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted.

And when you and your special friend meet again, you cling together in joyous reunion....never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, and your hands again caress his beloved head. And you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow bridge together..."

Last edited:
My heart goes out to you. I've been there too many times. I've trained, loved and traveled a lot of miles with five Labs. If I could build the perfect dog, I'd include a piece of each of them. The last three were 14, 13 and 10 years old. It hit me harder each time and I don't mind saying I cried.
I know it's tough. Grieve but stay strong.
I can tell you gave him a good life.

Sorry for the bad news ,when Elvis sang "old shep",it really said what most guys feel when they lose a good friend like yours.

Hang in there, but grieve without shame. Take some days off work to visit his favourite spots or get out of the city/town you live in. Be thankful you had a meaningful relationship with another form of life.

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is one of the hardest things one can ever go through.
Every single time I read that, I weep. I certainly hope thats the case. I plan on having an army of strays, rescues, and the ones who've lived with me greet me when I arrive.

When I lost my cat this past August, my vet sent me a card with that poem on it. To this day I cannot read so much as the first line without completely breaking.

Greg,

My deepest sympathy. Losing the companionship of a good dog hurts deeply. I still get tender feelings thinking about our lab that is no longer with us.

Only time will heal the hurt.

Sorry for your loss brother,

As a new dog owned (recently addopted a mutt) I now know.

A home without a dog is just a house.

Top Bottom