What's new

I Like Big Blutts (and I cannot lie)

I Like Big Blutts.jpg

All the rumors you've heard are true: The Blutt BR-1 Razor is really a superb shaving tool.

Nothing "glitzy" about the appearance of this razor, but it is a precise shaver with exceptionally fine tolerances.
A bit weight-ier than one would expect, was my only surprise.
The compact head design is nimble, however; and oh so smooth. (shaves like Blutter...lol)
The handle is just a touch longer than I normally prefer at 90mm, but it did not feel too unwieldy to me, either.
I opted for the largest gap plate of 1.20, as other Members here have written that there is just no reason *not* to -
it shaves great with this plate, and maximizes efficiency. Nothing harsh or "aggressive" about this razor. She don't bite...

Also, comparisons to a Blackbird that others have written here seem to be spot-on: The Blutt is a few tics smoother than the Blackbird, and also maybe just a half of a tic less efficient. I'd be hard-pressed to choose a favorite. (my apologies to Sir Mix-a-Lot)

If you have been considering this razor, I hope this brief review helps you decide.
(The Razor Company stocks these, if USA shoppers prefer that to ordering direct from the EU...)
Thanks.

Today's shave:
razor: Blutt BR-1 1.20
blade: Gillette Nacet
brush: Simpsons Commodore x2
soap: Martin de Candre Vetyver
aftershave: Ethos Vetivert

001.JPG

Yep, I LOVE my 1.20.

It's like the best combination of:
Razorock GC84-like baseplate design, but with more efficiency
Blackland ERA-like Cap profile and safety bar profile
Handle is similar to CG/WCS machined "Palms".

But with the most precise machining I've EVER seen on a razor.

It's special.

Top Bottom