What's new

I like Arko. Do I need therapy?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
It's funny as I have all these traditional soaps and creams from the English companies but Arko is right there with them in performance and fragrance IMO. But you gotta have some variety, right? ;)
Welcome to B & B!

I'm Eric.

In light of the whole "Williams Mug Soap is no more" saga, I just ordered another dozen sticks of Arko. WMS and Arko are my 2 main soaps, just because they're wonderful soaps and were super cheap. I didn't stock up on the WMS, but I will with the Arko.
I'm probably a bit older than many here and grew up with Barbasol and Williams. I thought neither were very good then and imagine it's even worse now. Didn't Williams change their formula as well? I've got a puck from a few years ago and didn't think it was as good as the old stuff (which, as I said, wasn't very good then either).

Childhood vacations were often spent at grandma's place in the piney woods of Lufkin, Texas. Driving into town, we would pass a paper mill that smelled of rotten eggs. Uncle Hubert worked at the mill, and swore the scent was lovely.

Ah, the background Texas scent of hydrogen sulphide….mmmm. Or is that just a Midland/Odessa thang?

Got back from the oil rig after a month with a tube of proraso and a stick of Cella/MWF… cracked open a twist up stick of Arko/Mwf to enjoy the Proustian rush of the power and glory that is Arko!

I’ll just declare I don’t mind the stench of Durian - don’t bother eating it much due to it not mixing at all well with alcohol… but on the other hand I detest stinky blue cheese.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Ah, the background Texas scent of hydrogen sulphide….mmmm. Or is that just a Midland/Odessa thang?

Got back from the oil rig after a month with a tube of proraso and a stick of Cella/MWF… cracked open a twist up stick of Arko/Mwf to enjoy the Proustian rush of the power and glory that is Arko!

I’ll just declare I don’t mind the stench of Durian - don’t bother eating it much due to it not mixing at all well with alcohol… but on the other hand I detest stinky blue cheese.
I actually love the taste of durian. I have a poor sense of smell.... durian doesn't bother me. But I admit, I've never had durian while enjoying an adult beverage.

1662221925449.gif

I'm probably a bit older than many here and grew up with Barbasol and Williams. I thought neither were very good then and imagine it's even worse now. Didn't Williams change their formula as well? I've got a puck from a few years ago and didn't think it was as good as the old stuff (which, as I said, wasn't very good then either).
Hi CCS, Williams (final formula) does require a different approach for generation of good lather. While most of my soaps work well with a synthetic brush for Williams (and Mitchell's Wool Fat) I've found the key is to use a stiffer boar brush and build much of the lather directly on the puck. I typically build on the puck of these soaps for about one minute and then complete the process via face lathering. Soak the boar in warm water for a couple minutes before use and shake out excess water. Add small amounts of water as you go to dial into the consistency that is optimal.

Top Bottom