What's new

I like Arko. Do I need therapy?

Yeah, I know, smells like a urinal puck, ect. I do not get that at all. I smell it, and it smells pleasant to me. I waved a stick at wifey and asked what she thought of the fragrance. She turned green and had bronchspasms. I'll take that as a no. Seriously though, I know some other guys out there who like Arko, and I just think it's interesting how differently some people react to Arko. I read not long ago that the reason some people love the taste of some foods that others hate is because of minute differences in body chemistry. Supposedly everyone's body chemistry is not exactly the same, and it is thought that this may influence taste. I have to wonder if something similar goes on with smell, and that's why some hate Arko and others like it. Anyway, got a tub of Proraso Apple-Lime incoming. Might be best to limit the use of Arko for the wife, whom I am inordinately fond of and cooks.
No therapy needed!! I like Arko.

Supposedly everyone's body chemistry is not exactly the same, and it is thought that this may influence taste. I have to wonder if something similar goes on with smell

There are a lot of aliens on the forum and they just don't like Arko. You can hardly blame them. It's not just the weird alien body chemistry thing.

Not a lot of people know this but Arko was orignally developed as a weapon to defend our planet: "Alien Rapid Kill Ordnance" (did you never notice that Arko sticks are about the size of a rubber bullet..?).

The Pentagon spent billions of dollars on the project but they never really worked. So they spent billions more and they still didn't work.

Lucky for us the aliens came in peace. All they really wanted was to go shopping in our splendid malls and do the usual tourist stuff.

But they don't like Arko and probably never will. "You made this to do WHAT?!"

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The rumor is.... Arco smells like Ivory soap... having had my mouth washed out with liquid Ivory dish soap on multiple occasions, I am, understandingly, negatively affected by the smell of Ivory.

That really settles it for me. I'll have to enjoy Arco vicariously through @FarmerTan and the rest of his royal court.

The rumor is.... Arco smells like Ivory soap... having had my mouth washed out with liquid Ivory dish soap on multiple occasions, I am, understandingly, negatively affected by the smell of Ivory.

That really settles it for me. I'll have to enjoy Arco vicariously through @FarmerTan and the rest of his royal court.

What’s Arco? Does it work and smell like Arko?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
There are a lot of aliens on the forum and they just don't like Arko. You can hardly blame them. It's not just the weird alien body chemistry thing.

Not a lot of people know this but Arko was orignally developed as a weapon to defend our planet: "Alien Rapid Kill Ordnance" (did you never notice that Arko sticks are about the size of a rubber bullet..?).

The Pentagon spent billions of dollars on the project but they never really worked. So they spent billions more and they still didn't work.

Lucky for us the aliens came in peace. All they really wanted was to go shopping in our splendid malls and do the usual tourist stuff.

But they don't like Arko and probably never will. "You made this to do WHAT?!"
Now here you are giving away Security Secrets from the Hall of Records in the Castle of Arkoland!

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Childhood vacations were often spent at grandma's place in the piney woods of Lufkin, Texas. Driving into town, we would pass a paper mill that smelled of rotten eggs. Uncle Hubert worked at the mill, and swore the scent was lovely.

To me, Arko smells of Ivory Soap and not of urinal cakes. Which means either I'm right, or I've been around Arko so much that uncle Hubert's sense of smell kicked in... and therefore... yes, therapy is in order.

Southland-Paper-Mill-Lufkin-Postcard.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The good ol' days indeed, friend @Messygoon !

I cannot imagine werkin' somewhere so long that a papermill smells good! LoL, you can literally smell them MILES away..... Or at least you COULD, back in the day.... Perhaps the filters do a better job? Or the ones I was familiar with moved to China? Sad thought....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
We used to live several miles from a pig farm... most days, we couldn't smell anything because it was east of us and the prevailing winds kept us down wind. But every so often, we'd get a more erratic wind pattern.... Paper Mills come in second, according to my nose.

I LOVE Arko and just recently discovered they offered a puck as well as a stick. I'd used the stick mushed into a bowl but it got too long in the tooth and kept separating. Cheap enough to replace with the puck which works and smells great to me.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I LOVE Arko and just recently discovered they offered a puck as well as a stick. I'd used the stick mushed into a bowl but it got too long in the tooth and kept separating. Cheap enough to replace with the puck which works and smells great to me.
It's great stuff! :001_smile

Top Bottom