What's new

I let the BEAST out today.

$Beast.jpgI let the Beast out today. I received my Muhle R41 (2013) yesterday. I removed the pearl handle which I traded to a member on B&B. I added a Bulldog as you can see in the pic. So did all the pre-shave prep as usual (I used the SOC Boar I got two days ago). Again what a brush. It is really good now, looking forward to the day it is broken in!

So, I loaded up the brush with some Proraso Green, applied the lather and began to shave. Before I started I knew this open comb razor required some adjustments. I started out with a shallow blade angle and light pressure (With the Bulldog handle the razor does most of the work). Did WTG, XTG center/out and XTG out/center and some DTG on high throat. What can I say, the sound of the cutting the razor makes is impressive, and what a close shave. Because I was ready no cuts, nicks, or weepers. I had of burn after the block. This I usual get on the jaw line and upper throat right and left. I tend to do a 5th pass there to get it smooth.

After cold washcloth, alum block, I hit the face with Speick (can not recommend this stuff enough). On the neck and chin a bit of my own mix of witch hazel, tree oil, and neem oil. After getting dressed a finish of my favorite balm, AOS Lavender.

This was an awesome shave, after all I read about the Muhle R41, I can say I was impressed!

Nice looking razor you got there. I get a little burn on the upper portion of my neck under the jaw line on both sides. I have to do extra passes in those two spots.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Nice! I'm working my way up to yours. However, in the meantime I shaved for the first time with my Gillette New short comb. You definitely know its serious when you press it against your face.
$DSCN0020.jpg

Top Bottom