What's new

I let my wife use my 39c Sledgehammer for the first time.

Good evening all fellow shavers.

My wife was dead keen to try my Sledgehammer after I kept going on about how good it shaves. I put a Treet blade in it for her as I know they are nowhere near as sharp as the Feathers.

Her verdict: She was really impressed with its smoothness and how comfortable it felt on her legs. I think she wants to use it more often. Not that it matters though, if it gives a far better shave than the Gillette Venus razor she has; I am more than willing to share it with her. And if she wants to use it more often, it will save money on not having to buy overpriced Venus blades.

Jason.

If you want to move beyond sharing, you could look at giving her a Merkur 23C. I did this for my wife a few years ago back and never heard any complaints! The 23c has long handle too, but with less weight a more mild DE89 head. They pay for themselves pretty quickly compared to those Venus blades!

If you want to move beyond sharing, you could look at giving her a Merkur 23C. I did this for my wife a few years ago back and never heard any complaints! The 23c has long handle too, but with less weight a more mild DE89 head. They pay for themselves pretty quickly compared to those Venus blades!
Or what I could do is buy my wife her very own Sledgehammer. She likes it THAT much.

Having said that, due to how close the Sledgehammer shaves, I use it about twice a week. My wife shaves her legs roughly once a week. So there is ample time for us to share the razor.

Jason.

Or what I could do is buy my wife her very own Sledgehammer. She likes it THAT much.

Having said that, due to how close the Sledgehammer shaves, I use it about twice a week. My wife shaves her legs roughly once a week. So there is ample time for us to share the razor.

Jason.
I'd recommend you get your wife her own razor. Not only does it reduce the risk of you unwittingly cutting up your face with a dull razor, bit it's also more sanitary. It's even recommended that if a man manscapes, he use a different razor for that than the razor he uses on his face.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
It is a nice Christmas gift to give her an exclusive razor.
I also gave my bride a 42C that belonged to her.

I'd recommend you get your wife her own razor. Not only does it reduce the risk of you unwittingly cutting up your face with a dull razor, bit it's also more sanitary. It's even recommended that if a man manscapes, he use a different razor for that than the razor he uses on his face.
+1 on that thing, Jason.
It is not sanitary. You should buy the missis a razor.

Well you’ve done it now. I switched from carts for the exact reason to stop my wife from using my razor. It took her a while to figure out the DE but she got there. Then I had to switch to straight razors. So far, so good.

As you are being enabled to obtain another razor for the missus, let me add that my wife enjoys the WCS women's razor designed by charcoal goods WCS Women's Silicone Safety Razor - https://www.westcoastshaving.com/products/wcs-women-silicone-collection-safety-razor

It has a long silicone handle so that is good for the shower. It also happens to be a slant like the sledgehammer.
My wife is interested in this razor.
She currently has a 23C.
Do you know if the silicone handle would work with the 23C head?

Thanks

My wife has showed some interest in using a DE razor. Just ordered her a Muhle Companion. Came in today and I think I would like shaving with it. She says she will try it this weekend.

My wife is interested in this razor.
She currently has a 23C.
Do you know if the silicone handle would work with the 23C head?

Thanks
I don't have the 23C or a three-piece Merkur (I have the slant and a 34C), but the handle has standard threading and worked with every head I paired it with.

Top Bottom