What's new

I learned something today

I have been thinking about adjustable s and how you cant tell the gaps and exposures and you are essentially shaving by numbers, 1-5 or 1-9. I have found that my 3 pieces give great shaves but could be better if I could change their gaps and exposures, crazy right? A loose spinning dial can move(and does) and there is no telling where its at until you shave with it(see, Im learning). I know you can look at it and see some differences but just straight out knowing what you are getting in to is assuring.

So as a newbie the most important thing I learned, that I could have been told before, is that blade gap and exposure matched to your face and skin type will make all the difference. So instead of saying I like a 3 or a 5 you can know that almost any blade will give you a good shave in a razor/shaver with a negative blade exposure. Even the sharpest of blades can be tamed in the right setting.
You can measure the gap so you know what the numbers correspond to on a particular razor. Or set the adjustable to match another razor that works well, to give you a starting point.
1620956392834.png

Nothing defeats the purpose of having a sharp blade. Nothing.

Ok, well if your exposure is so negative, or if your angle of attack is so flat, it seems that would largely nutralize the advantage of having a real sharp blade to some degree? But then again, I don’t have a shaving PhD :001_smile

Top Bottom