What's new

I know this sounds crazy but

does anyone else get hints of ketchup from Guerlain Vetiver? I get a ketchup vibe both from the atomizer as well as when it’s on me after the dry-down, after an hour or so. I love the initial blast, it’s so green and fresh but sometimes....I dunno....I get a ketchup vibe from it.

I really shouldn't buy another fragrance but you've intrigued me! It's been a while since I smelled Guerlain Vetiver. I own a bottle of Vetiver Extreme, which definitely doesn't have a ketchup vibe to my nose.

I really shouldn't buy another fragrance but you've intrigued me! It's been a while since I smelled Guerlain Vetiver. I own a bottle of Vetiver Extreme, which definitely doesn't have a ketchup vibe to my nose.

How is the Vetiver Extreme in comparison to GV? GV is one of my favorite fragrances but I feel like this most recent bottle just lacks so much longevity that it isn’t worth buying another bottle. I love Vetivers, and loved GV, but they did something to it since I bought my last bottle.

How is the Vetiver Extreme in comparison to GV? GV is one of my favorite fragrances but I feel like this most recent bottle just lacks so much longevity that it isn’t worth buying another bottle. I love Vetivers, and loved GV, but they did something to it since I bought my last bottle.

Hi Judge Kemp

Sorry for the late reply - been a bit hectic at home recently.

I find the Vetiver extreme performance good to very good. It definitely doesn't fade away after a few hours. I get a little bit of an almost anise type 'vibe' with it but it definitely has that unmistakable 'vetiver' that you usually get with classic vetiver fragrances too.

I'd say it's quite linear though and doesn't change much during wear but that's not such a bad thing if you're wanting a vetiver fragrance. There's plenty of fragrances with vetiver that end up with other notes being more prominent after all.

Hope that helps!

I think I’m the only one that gets Heinz Ketchup from Guerlain Vetiver

:eek2:
Yeh, I think you're on your own secluded island with that. As an owner of vintage and current EdT and EdC, I do not get any, none, nada, nil, not-even-close, to a nuance of ketchup from Guerlain Vetiver.....Is your bottle the current version or vintage? Did you buy it at a store if current version? Perhaps your bottle has turned and thus your Heinz association.

I do not get ketchup notes from Guerlain Vetiver. I do not know that I have had the latest reformulation, though. I would not say such a note was a flaw.

There are scents that have tomato leaves as a notes. I suppose they are a bit ketchupy.

Maybe the vinegar smell in ketchup is the issue, since vetiver has that dry, grassy (maybe remotely acidic) mell. Otherwise, not sure what to say.

Top Bottom