What's new

I know that this might be considered heresy by many guys here, but . . .

Not something I'd want to invest in a full bottle of however.

I probably wouldn't buy a bottle of it, either, actually. (I like a lot of Creeds, but very few seem bottle-wrothy, given their prices.) I was just a bit surprised that I found it to be nice; it seems to engender a lot of hatred, particularly from fans of the vintage stuff.

I like Creed Tabarome Millesime. That's the new Tabarome, not Vintage Tabarome.

There. I said it.

"Shunnnnnnnn!, Shunnnnnnn the non-believer!"

[hope my statement is obviously a joke, taken from Charlie the Unicorn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus I have never tried the Vintage Tabarome. I have a sample of the new version. It seems pretty good. Not that strongly tobacco as I recall, which is where the name comes from.]

Last edited:
I was just a bit surprised that I found it to be nice; it seems to engender a lot of hatred, particularly from fans of the vintage stuff./QUOTE]

I have both "vintage" and Tabarome Millesime. I do prefer vintage overall, but I have long thought Tabarome Millesime is greatly under rated in no small part due to comparison with the vintage version.
I'm not sure what the strategy really was in naming it Tabarome at all. The main similarity is that they are both fundamentally a tobacco frag. Frankly it's a bit more contemporary.

I like it a lot. If someone generally likes the Creed vibe and a tobacco scent, this is a well worth a try. Nice citrus up top, some ginger and tobacco in the heart and base. I tend to get great longevity out of it too which is hit and miss with me and a lot of Creeds.

Last edited:
I like it a lot. If someone generally likes the Creed vibe and a tobacco scent, this is a well worth a try. Nice citrus up top, some ginger and tobacco in the heart and base. I tend to get great longevity out of it too which is hit and miss with me and a lot of Creeds.

I think that you're right. If it was called something else, it would probably get more love. Unfortunately I think that the resentment that many feel over Creed's discontinuation of the Vintage Tabarome has a negative effect on their feelings about this. It's like they called it Creed Hate Me.

Stylin originally recommended this one to me, and I like it as well.

I tend to get great longevity out of it too which is hit and miss with me and a lot of Creeds.

I got great longevity out of it yesterday, but not the first time I tried it. It's hard to guage, though, because I'm using a non-spray decant, and with those I'm never sure how the amounts I'm using translate to a spray bottle.

I might be in a fringe with a colognes to, I like the brand name old spice, which from what I've gathered, is a reformulation of the old scent that most people on this forum preferred.

Is that some kind of sick joke? Obviously I can only use a cologne with 100% approval from my fellow Bladed Badgers.

I think it's a serious response - basically YMMV.

I sold a 1/2 full bottle because I wanted to make room for some new frags. A perfectly decent scent IMO, but I just lost interest in using it when I got some new ones and my storage areas was getting rather overloaded. I like the vintage version but that is quite heavy duty, the "new" one is a lot less daunting.

Speaking of heresy, I picked up some Cool Water at Wal-Mart for kicks a couple of days ago. I actually am enjoying it on occasion, and I've not smelled anyone else wearing it since I picked it up...

Top Bottom