What's new

I know I can't be the only one.

So at the age of 27 I've been shaving about every 3 days since I was 15ish and to this day I can't grow a beard for the life of me. lol Dad has a mountain man looking beard that is uber thick and full as does my grandfather. I mean Cherokee blood runs strong in the family my Grandmother's grandma was full blooded Cherokee and Grandpa's mama was half Cherokee. Grandpa said he was almost 30 before he could grow a full beard. Dad on the other hand has had a burly beard since his early 20s. Well I decided in the middle of Oct. to let it grow throughout November and the beginning of Dec I went back to the shaving every other or every third day. The entire let it grow ended with a sorry excuse of a goatee with a few solo long hairs on the neck and check. So I'm sure I've entertained a good bit of yall and was wanting to know am I the only one with a joke of a "beard"? lol You guys have a good one.

Lots of guys have that issue. I don't have it, but I don't know if there is any benefit to not having that issue unless you want a full beard from time to time.

Not exactly the same, but my best friend can't grow a good mustache. Thick beard otherwise, but his mustache always lacks. I have a few spots that are sparse that took a long while (months) to fill in properly.

You know, it's funny. My brother has this problem, whereas I have had a full beard since I was 14 (Greek/Roma heritage; gotta love it). I'm 23, he's 21. Here's the funny part: we envy each other! I have to be clean-shaven for my job and my steel-wire beard murders blades like you wouldn't believe; he's a music major, and wants to grow an "artistic-looking" beard. Life's funny, eh?

It drives me crazy that my moustache and goatee don't connect fully. It's like a tiny barren patch along the corner of my lips. Irritating.

Brother, Im almost 50 and cant grow a beard to save my life, I look like a 15 yo kid from the civil war with a bear. Im a regular Irish guy, I think the Greeks and the Italians and such are blessed with that thick hair and beard. I never had a 5 o clock shadow in my life.

I NEVER could until I started eating seafood. I love seafood now, eating it at least twice a week, and the beard and stache just keep growing...I'm not completely full, but my wife-mate likes it so I keep it...

Pennsylvania Dutch and German here... My beard grows like wild fire... Exceptionally thick... It's a pain it the butt if you ask me! Hahaha

I'm also in the club. I can grow general coverage on my face and neck, but it will not grow into an actual beard. And that's only now, at 35. I can grow a decent thin goatee and mo' but its still too thin to grow in thick and the sides between my stache and chin didnt touch until I was about 26. And, to defy the stated Italian hair growth gene, I'm mostly Italian, my dads full Italian, and he's the same way!

I'm also in the club. I can grow general coverage on my face and neck, but it will not grow into an actual beard. And that's only now, at 35. I can grow a decent thin goatee and mo' but its still too thin to grow in thick and the sides between my stache and chin didnt touch until I was about 26. And, to defy the stated Italian hair growth gene, I'm mostly Italian, my dads full Italian, and he's the same way!

My stache still doesn't connect to my chin but I do get a decent pencil stache.

I'm the opposite - can't grow a mustache to save my life. Every year when "Movember" rolls around I sit on the sidelines and watch. My attempts at a stache make me look like a 15 year old, even after 3 weeks. And the stache hair is light brown while the rest of my hair is dark brown. ***? My neck and cheeks OTOH grow like weeds. I could do a great Abe Lincoln!

Cheers!
K

I have this issue, as well, thanks in no small part to scar tissue. If I let my facial hair grow out, it looks like I was slapped about the head and neck with a hedgehog, while my mustache is really two mustaches in one: I get a Charlie Chaplin 'stache as well as the Lieutenant Worf Fu Manchu, with nothing connecting them together.

Nope you're not the only one. I am 20 and although I do shave everyday my beard is far from full coverage.

I can have a full beard quite easily myself. And lack of wanting to shave (before i switched to DE) made me grow one every other week... It's a pain if you ask me, since my GF loves me BBS... well, grass is always greener on the other side they say huh? ;)

I can't grow a full beard to save my life. I'll be 24 in a couple of weeks, and while I have a goatee of sorts, it doesn't connect around my mouth, and I have a BBS bald patch in the middle of my chin. I just don't get it. It also doesn't help that what hair I have on my cheeks is blonde and you can't see it.

I do tend to shave about every other day though, except for this week when I've been on bed rest and haven't shaved at all. I'm so looking forward to cutting it all off.

Last edited:
South American indian here. I can't grow a beard to save my life. It grows patchy at best. I can grow a good moustache though. I'm usuually clean shaven as this give me less to worry about.

Top Bottom