What's new

I know I can't be the only one.

Beard was always fine, the moustache was always friner, but I am 50 now and it coming in , so there's hope for everyone..!

I can't grow a full beard and I'm 47, my cheeks put out sparse wiry hair. My brother could grow a full beard. I can grow a goatee and apparently a pretty epic mustache if I do say so myself. My grandmother's grandmother (on my mon's side) was also full blooded Cherokee.

I'm in the same boat as you, but not due to heredity. I never grew very thick facial hair to begin with, but when I was 19, I was cut from ear to ear by a low hanging wire (think heavy duty cable). It wouldn't be so bad, but now I can't grow anything on top of that scar, and I never really had the chance since I joined the military at 17. I can usually grow a wicked goatee, but if I wanna grow a beard, I'm SOL...

I'm in the same boat as you, but not due to heredity. I never grew very thick facial hair to begin with, but when I was 19, I was cut from ear to ear by a low hanging wire (think heavy duty cable). It wouldn't be so bad, but now I can't grow anything on top of that scar, and I never really had the chance since I joined the military at 17. I can usually grow a wicked goatee, but if I wanna grow a beard, I'm SOL...

That sounds like a very painful and unfortunate accident.

I envy those that can't grow facial hair. I have to be clean shaven for work and usually have a 5 o'clock shadow at lunch time.

Well, you know. All guys get the same amount of testosterone. If some guys wanna use theirs up growing hair and beards and stuff, well, that's their choice I guess. :lol:

My stache is not very thick it sucks. On the other hand I can grow the beard with no problem I find that sometimes my lips crack because of the stache am I the only one with this problem?

I can grow a beard just fine but a moustache takes 2 weeks to be visible at all. I have a light/medium beard that requires shaving everyday. It's just one of those things for some blokes.

My mustache and goatee come in just fine, but I can't grow a full beard at all. I can't even grow sideburns. I'm 55 and my heritage is Eastern European: Estonian and Polish. My dad used to have to shave twice a day and both of my brothers can grow facial hair all day long.

I have a full head of hair, though, which neither of my brothers can boast! I'd rather have all of my hair, grey as it is, than a beard, any day!!!

I have a different problem. I can grow a thick mustache and it grows in great on my chin and neck, but my sideburns are wimpy and my cheeks are basically bare.

This actually really annoys me, because I would love to have some good sideburns and leave the rest shaved. It would seem that the little Choctaw blood I have screwed me, while the German blood is urging me to grow a Kaiser mustache.

That sounds like a very painful and unfortunate accident.

It wasn't the best fun that one can have for free. The biggest issue I have now is that I have to really watch my straight going over the scar or I open it right back up. Thats life though, coulda been worse, coulda gone deeper with the cable.

It's probably just genetics. I started growing out my beard after Thanksgiving and have gone full mountain man since then. The guy in the cubicle next to me at work is 1/8 Sioux indian. He did the no shave November thing and after 2 1/2 months finally has a pretty decent van dyke going. He tells me that his great grandfather never shaved a day in his life and died with a few mustache hairs when in his eighties.

I'm 41 and it it would probably take me a good six months to grow a beard. I had a goatee once and even after letting it grow for a few months it wasn't very full. My couple of days growth is pretty thick, but after that it slows down to a trickle.

I've never tried a full beard but pulled off a decent goatee once. However, I cannot have sideburns as I end up with two luxuriant brillo pads set adrift from my hairline by a about 1/2 inch of wispy neither hair-nor-beard anaemic fluff.

But that is the least of my problems. I'm at that age when I seem to spend more and more time removing hair from my ears and nose and trimming rampant mutant eyebrows giving me plenty of time to observe that its getting easier and easier to see my scalp.

Hopefully it won't be any time soon that I'll need to rename my account to Baldylocks and the 3 hairs...

I'm 41 and it it would probably take me a good six months to grow a beard. I had a goatee once and even after letting it grow for a few months it wasn't very full. My couple of days growth is pretty thick, but after that it slows down to a trickle.

Today is the fourth day I haven't shaved I will be testing out my new to me aristocrat after a shower but I'm just now getting enough stubble to see a "shadow" when I look in the mirror. I'll just keep at it and maybe one day this to shall pass. lol

I have never had this problem but have to start shaving from the bottom of my eye lids. From there it wraps all the way around. You know what they say about the grass though.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the one place I hate growing hair the most: The damn unibrow, my grandfather has the same problem and the thing was passed onto me. I've never been able to shave the thing properly so I end up using the pop-up trimmer on an electric razor to keep it at bay.

Top Bottom